PARAGON Special

skippycue

Jul 16, 2013
This was a much trickier wizard goal than I expected. You have to hit the PARAGON hole enough times to spell PARAGON, but a quickly rotating light makes it hard to hit the hole and earn a unique letter you haven't already earned. I read that you can time this shot to give yourself a better chance at hitting the hole to earn specific letters, but I was never able to do that. Part of the reason is that it's hard to hit the hole with any consistency.

So here was my general strategy (albeit not done very well in this video). I generally always tried to get the ball onto the left flipper so I could take a controlled shot toward the paragon hole. I found that a deflection off the drop targets would often lead to the hole as long as there were 2 or more of them up. Once there was only one drop target left I would just use a semi-early left shot to get a deflection off the upper bumpers into the paragon hole. If it any point I got the ball on the upper right flipper, I would hit the valley of demons drop targets on the left which would usually result in a deflection I could drop pass from one of the right flippers back to the left flippers. Then rinse and repeat. Eventually this strategy would chip away at the drop targets on the left and earn you an extra ball as well. Also, when the ball goes down the waterfall lane you can usually nudge a few times to catch it on the upper right flipper.

I had way better runs than this video, but this was the first time I was able to spell PARAGON and earn the special!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.