Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Zen & Stern collaboration teaser?

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    To add one more element to this, if I recall correctly, haven't the sale figures for the WMS packs actually exceeded Zen's expectations? And we aren't even into licensed stuff yet.

So it seems like they knew what they were doing when they made the decision to double dip into doing both digital originals and recreations.
    Yes, thatís what Mel said. The fact they are even considering applying the new Williams physics to Zen originals shows they recognize the potential of customers that hadnít purchased before. And believe me, thereís no doubt they know what tables youíve bought compared to what you havenít.

My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    To add one more element to this, if I recall correctly, haven't the sale figures for the WMS packs actually exceeded Zen's expectations? And we aren't even into licensed stuff yet.

So it seems like they knew what they were doing when they made the decision to double dip into doing both digital originals and recreations.
    This is my understanding. I'd argue that even the initial "censorship" hullabaloo may have given a boost as well. It is amazing what can happen when accidentally cause a viral social response these days. You know what has been said about no such thing as bad publicity, and in many cases, I tend to agree.

My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    Yes, that’s what Mel said. The fact they are even considering applying the new Williams physics to Zen originals shows they recognize the potential of customers that hadn’t purchased before. And believe me, there’s no doubt they know what tables you’ve bought compared to what you haven’t.
    They also know which tables and in which physics format are being played and for how long and how often.

My Devices
    PC, PS4, Android
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    Yes, thatís what Mel said. The fact they are even considering applying the new Williams physics to Zen originals shows they recognize the potential of customers that hadnít purchased before. And believe me, thereís no doubt they know what tables youíve bought compared to what you havenít.
    I hope so. There's definitely going to be a bump when you come out with something very new and fresh though. I wouldn't rely on that much. I have faith that if they make licensed originals coincide with their emulation releases, they will continue to thrive.
    Last edited by msilcommand; 04-16-2019 at 02:05 PM.
    Steam ID: https://steamcommunity.com/id/msilcommand/
    PS4 ID: msilcommand
    Leaderboard IDs: ZAK or msilcommand

"It's not that hard." - Jaws
    "Watch this, Iīll get him up" -Scared Stiff
    "Ahhh...the Picard maneuver" - STTNG
    "It's polka time!" - Cactus Jacks
    "Reintegration complete" - TX Sector

My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet a lot of thought went into picking Fish Tales as the free table - get lots of people into having "just one more game", then after a bit have them see this Medieval Madness thing looks interesting, and then they are on the slippery slope to buying all the new releases. Subtle nudges on the quick play and news parts of the opening FX3 screen rather than a hey you buy this on a big notice, all really rather clever.

SYT : Did you ask Mel Kirk in one of your interviews how they picked Fish Tales as the free table?

My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had a very low score on first game of Jurassic Park table (how did I miss playing that one for so long, bought it ages ago), and was position 28,241 which gives a big clue to how many they have sold. In fact if anyone is in a similar position, play to get as low a score as possible on a table and will be an even more accurate number.

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbers View Post
    I bet a lot of thought went into picking Fish Tales as the free table - get lots of people into having "just one more game", then after a bit have them see this Medieval Madness thing looks interesting, and then they are on the slippery slope to buying all the new releases. Subtle nudges on the quick play and news parts of the opening FX3 screen rather than a hey you buy this on a big notice, all really rather clever.

SYT : Did you ask Mel Kirk in one of your interviews how they picked Fish Tales as the free table?
    Fish Tales is Melís favorite machine, so I imagine thatís why it was chosen.

My Devices
    PC, PS4, Android
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbers View Post
    Just had a very low score on first game of Jurassic Park table (how did I miss playing that one for so long, bought it ages ago), and was position 28,241 which gives a big clue to how many they have sold. In fact if anyone is in a similar position, play to get as low a score as possible on a table and will be an even more accurate number.
    It's a fun table. The pinball madness one too.
    Steam ID: https://steamcommunity.com/id/msilcommand/
    PS4 ID: msilcommand
    Leaderboard IDs: ZAK or msilcommand

"It's not that hard." - Jaws
    "Watch this, Iīll get him up" -Scared Stiff
    "Ahhh...the Picard maneuver" - STTNG
    "It's polka time!" - Cactus Jacks
    "Reintegration complete" - TX Sector

My Devices
    Cabinet, Console, Phone/Tablet
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fish tales is far from my favorite table but looks wise in FX3 it is by far in my opinion. It might be just the colors the table uses but it is so realistic and just pops.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345