Williams Pinball Vol. 4 – May 28 – White Water! Hurricane! Red and Ted's Road Show!

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
This update will also contain a redesigned flipper physics system. The flippers now behave more like their real-life counterparts, meaning they react to the weight of the ball, and they wobble when snapping to upright position and when going back down.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
As an update to what was said in the interview with Mel about new flipper physics...

He was mistaken that the new physics will be applied to all the tables straight away. For now they will only be available on the Volume 4 pack.

In a lot of ways this will sort of be a public beta, they are going to be looking for lots of feedback. I suspect once that is given, they'll then go and apply all that to the rest. Easier to troubleshoot when everyone is focused on the same 3 tables. That being said, I've got no problem with what I've been playing in beta, so yeah.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
As a Lawlor fan, I'm happy about Roadshow. I dislike the whole trilogy that Hurricane is a part of. White Water is one of those that never has stuck with me. It takes a while to learn the rules, and then if I don't play for a while I forget them all again. All I know is I'm glad they didn't pair Hurricane with Who Dunnit, as that would have been a double whammy for me.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
This pack has 3 pins I played the heck out of. Hurricane was my gateway drug, so to speak. There was a Road Show in another one of the campus bars/clubs I was in a lot, don't recall ever playing it sober, but I played plenty. Then there was a White Water in an arcade near where I grew up, I spent a couple of summers pumping cash into it (and Whirlwind). I'm happy with all 3 choices, with extreme Nostalgia Glasses(tm) on.

dmil666

May 19, 2018
I like all three TPA tables, but I'll admit that they were an acquired taste. Getting the rule sets right took me a long time on WW and Roadshow, and WW still gets up my nose for being a brick-fest when my play isn't spot-on. Hurricane can be fun when it's not being an evil bastard.

Last edited:

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
In your opinion, when Zen eventually gets around to Funhouse, do you think that Rudy will be animated when enhanced graphics are on, or left as he is?

This question is, of course, completely unrelated to any of the upcoming 3 tables.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I think he'll be left as is. Though I wouldn't mind a doll figure of him running about the apron or peeking behind table objects.

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
Not really happy about these choices. White water and Road-Show were "o.k.-tables" on TPA, but never really got me. Hurricane is imo just annoying. Wonder, If I should spend 10 Euros on that table-set.

Last edited:

RJB

May 1, 2013
Not going to put down the actual table pack 4 in itself as I have no problem as such with any of the tables all three are solid enough and looks from the trailer as though Zen have done another good job on them, however, I'm finding it harder & harder to get excited about these Williams/Bally releases now as they continue to release tables I already own on TPA again & again.

So far I have bought all the Williams/Bally tables Zen have released even though I already own them in TPA, but, I think I'll make a stand with pack 4 and wait for Zen to actually release something new (if they ever do) while PFX3 may do certain things better than TPA with these tables at the end of the day they are still the same tables.

I hope pack 4 sells well and many people are happy with the pack, but, personally the sooner Zen start releasing tables never released on other games or at the very least release the odd licensed table to mix things up a little the better as far as I'm concerned.

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
This looks like a solid pack to me.
“Road Show” and “Whitewater” are favorites — and I can’t wait for the improved physics and enhancements!

I recently tried to play AFM on TPA and found that it was *impossible* after being exposed to the Zen version. So I don't really feel like I own any of these tables until they are available via FX3!

Speaking of that, I *really* need a “Funhouse” now in the worst way. Here’s hoping it’s in the next pack!!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Speaking of that, I *really* need a “Funhouse” now in the worst way. Here’s hoping it’s in the next pack!!

It won’t be. Next 2 packs will be the 6 non licensed DMD tables left. Mel said alphanumerics are coming, but after.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.