Pinball Arcade crippled by Google Play

CenoByte

Nov 10, 2012
Following a recent update, Pinball Arcade shows the message:
"This app requires the latest version of the Google Play Games app".

It prevents access to the game by locking out the screen.
Pressing " cancel" only brings the same screen back a few seconds later and so the game is unplayable.

I have looked at Google Play Games and I don't want any of the features it provides, so I'm not installing it.
I just want to play the tables that I have paid for.

Anyone know of a way to play Pinball Arcade without Google Play Games?

Thanks.

By the way, I have seen a similar comment on the Play Store in which Farsight said this was down to Google and was enforced due to the size of the PA app. This seems rather odd.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
i think it's been like that for years, maybe in the uk it was different I have no clue but over here im pretty sure ive seen the "you need google play games" thing for as long as i can remember. i too would prefer not to have it installed and remember being reluctant to install it myself. I dont use it for anything other than pinball arcade working. just seems like bloatware. i think it's intended purpose is to keep track of scores and leader boards or some crap i dont know.

CenoByte

Nov 10, 2012
This problem no longer occurs.
I can start the app and access the tables with no mention of Google Play or being locked out!
I had tried a few things including reducing the app size to less than 1GB by deleting tables, but I think it's more likely that a recent Google update fixed it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.