Thread: Williams' Collection Volume 6 guesses

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scared Stiff View Post
    So my question isn’t so much what, but WHEN? I am hoping for a release sometime in March. As usual, it sure would be nice to get a hint instead of silence. Obviously the complaints about this lack of communication have been completely ignored. Never a good idea to ignore your customers.
    They aren't ignoring their customers so much as not making promises that they then have to back away from. Look at it from a marketing perspective; you want to announce and then release soon after to capitalize on customer hype. If you announce too early, you give customers the chance to second guess their own excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    my guess is zen cant even do all the licenced tables TPA did until the already paid for rights expire. for example lets say the deal was TPA gets addams family for 8 years, that makes zen have to wait 8 years from the date of that deal. Or TPA must be compensated and agree to let their deal go. it doesnt matter if another company bought the layouts of the tables the properties are seperate. just because farsight cant sell it anymore doesnt mean the timed contracts they have are voided. Zen could very well be trying to pay farsight to let those go.
    No way did anyone license out for 8 years, that's just not how things work. At the most, you sign an exclusivity agreement that will last for 2 or 3 years tops, and then anyone else can come in and sign on the to license too, or sign their own exclusivity agreement (UbiSoft did this with South Park, which is why it can't be sold by Zen anymore). The only license I think FarSight continues to keep up to date is the one for Doctor Who. All the others are up for grabs at this point.
    I'm just sayin'

official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

My Devices
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox2000 View Post
    The ACDC tables are a strange one, they are gone from steam, but you can still play them free with a token on Stern vr pinball on the oculus store, but you can't buy them to own, but you can still own the entire stern PBA collection including the ACDC tables via the retail discs on the xbox and PS4....i mean these licence are turning into daily tv soap operas. lol
    You can buy the retail discs, until all the printed discs are sold. Arcooda bought a whole mess of those Arcooda Pinball Arcade packs so that despite FarSight no longer being able to sell digitally, Arcooda could still sell long by essentially buying 'retail discs', despite them being purely digital. And Oculus is the one who paid for the AC/DC license, which is probably why you can play the free token version but not own for yourself.
    I'm just sayin'

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    They aren't ignoring their customers so much as not making promises that they then have to back away from.
    Too bad they made promises about a 6-week release cycle And where are we now? 11 weeks and 2 days, if you exclude 2 weeks of christmas vacations, 9 weeks and 2 days and still nothing but silence. UMP and Vol.4 was even worse, 22 weeks.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinfan7 View Post
    Too bad they made promises about a 6-week release cycle And where are we now? 11 weeks and 2 days, if you exclude 2 weeks of christmas vacations, 9 weeks and 2 days and still nothing but silence. UMP and Vol.4 was even worse, 22 weeks.
    Said in our interview with Mel, and it was what they hoped to achieve, not promised. But it does go to prove my point, in that people take these bits of info and then expect them to become law, and then they complain. Seems to me the best approach is to shut the hell up, which is why even those of us with inside contacts get so little info leaked to us anymore. All I want is good product. It’s why I’m fine waiting for Naughty Dog to finish up Last of Us 2 despite the delays. The Last Guardian was well worth it missing the entire PS3 cycle. So long as it’s not Duke Nukem Forever, delaying is often worth the wait.

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinfan7 View Post
    Some people need to seriously stop thinking that Zen owes them anything. If that is all they release, it was great. Take advantage of what you have, not that which does not exist.

My Devices
    Xbox 360, Samsung s8, gear VR, PC, OUYA, PS4 Pro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the 8 years thing was just a made up example since TPA was released 8 years ago... but wow if those licences were only 2 years they must have repaid some of those several times over. maybe one of the reasons they couldn't afford to grab more things? These people are all ready to bring out the torches when things start taking too long, another month without any news and it will be a full on riot zone in here ha. I don't feel Zen owes me anything but I still have a love hate thing for them, i mean they did come in and derail TPA and at the time I was full on angry at them, but now im like oh they do a great job I forgive them. while i do not feel they owe me I still would not be very happy if they stopped here, it would feel like oh wait what if TPA kept going and gave us allot more stuff, was it really worth the 18 better made tables we already had? but for all we know they were ending anyway. Shuryertrap seems way too chill right now, i bet he is playing the indiana jones beta lol

My Devices
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    the 8 years thing was just a made up example since TPA was released 8 years ago... but wow if those licences were only 2 years they must have repaid some of those several times over. maybe one of the reasons they couldn't afford to grab more things? These people are all ready to bring out the torches when things start taking too long, another month without any news and it will be a full on riot zone in here ha. I don't feel Zen owes me anything but I still have a love hate thing for them, i mean they did come in and derail TPA and at the time I was full on angry at them, but now im like oh they do a great job I forgive them. while i do not feel they owe me I still would not be very happy if they stopped here, it would feel like oh wait what if TPA kept going and gave us allot more stuff, was it really worth the 18 better made tables we already had? but for all we know they were ending anyway. Shuryertrap seems way too chill right now, i bet he is playing the indiana jones beta lol
    I don't think that's how licensing works. Once you pay the initial fee (actors, images, IP, sounds) which indeed can be large, the renewal fee would be significantly less. Essentially you are agreeing on terms of the contract, seeing if any revenue sharing needs to be adjusted, etc. It allows both parties to make sure the initial terms are still beneficial to both, and to make sure that the company licensing from the IP holder isn't acting in bad faith or harming the brand. In FarSight's case, the loss of the Williams license (Scientific Games sought out a new partner for presumably a higher fee) means it makes no sense for them to pay or renew licenses for anything other than Doctor Who, which they can still sell with their version of the table. Were they locked into a long contract, they'd be the one's getting screwed by continuing to pay for something they could no longer even sell.

And again, Zen did not do the derailing of TPA. They were actually contacted a few years prior to see if they had interest in taking over the license, but at that time Zen had other commitments. When FarSight's contract came back up, Zen was approached again, and this time they were ready for it. A while back I wrote a whole article about this, it's worth taking a look at as much of what I wrote has since been confirmed. https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/gu...gital-license/

I said this before, Zen is not stopping with these 18 tables. Those of us that were into Zen prior to WMS know they often went long stretches with no releases, but by the end of the year always seemed to hit a target number. Video game development comes with all sorts of hiccups, and who knows what has caused this latest. Meanwhile had FarSight kept the license, I doubt we'd have seen any more licensed tables as they simply no longer wanted to pay big money for them. That would have left making a lot of pre DMD era stuff (not a bad thing at all!) that unfortunately didn't sell as well as DMD stuff. I had heard rumor from various persons that FarSight was close to calling it a day simply because the back catalog was generating revenue continually and the new stuff wasn't really justifying the cost of recreating. 100 tables is a solid number to go out with. More to the point, they gave up on making Gottlieb machines even though what we all really wanted was the EM stuff, not the hideous Premiere tables, and they could easily have gotten the Capcom license but never seemed to really want to go there.

As for why I'm so chill? No, it's not because of any beta. It's that while I'm mostly in the dark about what's to come, I know when it does I'll be excited all over again, whatever it is. Zen said this next year is going to be wild, more so than last, and that has me all kinds of bring it on. Plus all this extra time has allowed me to max out the 5 new tables in the mobile app without stressing, so I'm good to go with getting anxious once more!
    I'm just sayin'

My Devices
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "mostly in the dark about what's to come" ...so you ARE playing a beta of The Shadow right now, i knew it!!! that's a joke, love you man, love all you guys, PINBALL!!!!
    Last edited by Pete; 02-27-2020 at 10:17 AM.

My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's playing a beta of their new original table, NBA's Barkley, Shut Up and Fast Break!: Gaiden.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    He's playing a beta of their new original table, NBA's Barkley, Shut Up and Fast Break!: Gaiden.
    ha nice, i'd probably pay money for that. not even a sports guy but Barkley was awesome that time he hosted SNL back in the Chris Farley days, which is why i always pick him when playing nba jam

My Devices
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Hell, I’d be happy playing an FX3 version of Super League

My Devices
    IPad Air, PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On Pinball FX3's Facebook Page, Zen responded to a post regarding new tables.

Poster: Any word on new tables?

Pinball FX3: We're going to have an update later today on that topic, stay tuned!

My Devices
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonBuckeye View Post
    On Pinball FX3's Facebook Page, Zen responded to a post regarding new tables.

Poster: Any word on new tables?

Pinball FX3: We're going to have an update later today on that topic, stay tuned!
    yay!!!! thanks for the heads up you just made my day. wow pinball league at the pit tonight annnnd an announcement on zen tables, i dont think my day could get any better! Cambridge ey, howdy neighbor. are you in the New England Pinball League? have i played with you lol? if your not come join, it's my favorite thing on earth so I wanna spread the word as much as possible. crossing my fingers on Indiana Jones or The Shadow, but would also be super excited if its some pre-dmd tables so we can see whats up with those. hope it's not zen originals.

hunted down and copy pasted the FB post Buckeye found if anyone wants to see that

GJ
    Hopeful to see a new pack of pinball machines SOON!
    ***** ESPECIALLY SOME WE DON'T HAVE ON TPA? *****
    PRETTY PLEASE!!!
    Love the job you've done thus far! I own each Bally/Williams pack on ps4 & mobile, and many of your pinball fx2 & 3 packs on both ps3 & ps4 as well as mobile. So I'm a longtime supporter for sure who buys new and used pinball machines also. The virtual pinball platform has helped me get my wife & kids into physical pinball as well! Keep up the hard work!

Zen Studios
    Hey there! Thanks for being so enthusiastic about our game, it really means a lot to us.
    We're going to do a little update later today on how things are going on our turf lately, so stay tuned!
    Last edited by Pete; 02-28-2020 at 08:08 AM.

My Devices
    IPad Air, PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yay!!!! thanks for the heads up you just made my day. wow pinball league at the pit tonight annnnd an announcement on zen tables, i dont think my day could get any better! Cambridge ey, howdy neighbor. are you in the New England Pinball League? have i played with you lol? if your not come join, it's my favorite thing on earth so I wanna spread the word as much as possible. crossing my fingers on Indiana Jones or The Shadow, but would also be super excited if its some pre-dmd tables so we can see whats up with those. hope it's not zen originals.
    Hi Pete,
    I am not in the New England Pinball League but would love to join. I take it there is a website with information on joining. In the last 30 years I have only played real life pinball once at NE Pintastic 2 or 3 years ago. I always mean to get over to Flat Top Johnny's to play some but I never do. I am hoping for pre-dmd tables myself. Not into Zen originals so that would be a disappointment. If they implement the Williams' physics on them though, then I will be somewhat excited.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonBuckeye View Post
    Hi Pete,
    I am not in the New England Pinball League but would love to join. I take it there is a website with information on joining. In the last 30 years I have only played real life pinball once at NE Pintastic 2 or 3 years ago. I always mean to get over to Flat Top Johnny's to play some but I never do. I am hoping for pre-dmd tables myself. Not into Zen originals so that would be a disappointment. If they implement the Williams' physics on them though, then I will be somewhat excited.
    all the info is on nepl.org the rules section will explain it all. tonight is the last meet of the season but they do 3 seasons a year and the next one starts the first week of May. they have many locations and you can pick anyone you want and even mix and match locations each week. All kinds of people from young to old and all skill levels welcome. Flat Top Johnny's is one of the locations. great bunch of people, everyone is really nice, you will love it. I go to The Wicked Pissa Pinball Pit in Wakefield, it's Chuck's actual house so only open on league nights, but he has a bunch of pre-dmd stuff- Disco Fever, Nugent, Heavy Metal Meltdown, 8-Ball Deluxe, BMX, Star Trek bally, Star Trek DE, spider-man gottleib, wizard, and a bunch of dmd/lcd tables too
    Last edited by Pete; 02-28-2020 at 09:14 AM.

My Devices
    PC + VR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zen Studios
    Hey there! Thanks for being so enthusiastic about our game, it really means a lot to us.
    We're going to do a little update later today on how things are going on our turf lately, so stay tuned!
    Any news? Nothing was posted on Facebook, Youtube or Twitter yesterday.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gnadenlos View Post
    Any news? Nothing was posted on Facebook, Youtube or Twitter yesterday.
    Well like shutyertrap previously said, I guess they should just

Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    But it does go to prove my point, in that people take these bits of info and then expect them to become law, and then they complain. Seems to me the best approach is to shut the hell up

My Devices
    PC + VR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you expect, if an official account announces a "little update" for "later today" and nothing happens? Of course that is stupid and will disappoint customers.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe the facebook guy from zen got a little happy and spoke slightly too soon, hopfully we hear something today. fingers crossed. sending out some positive vibes to the universe, yama yama indy yama yama ana jones yama yama give us indy ooom ooom. pleeeeaaaase ooom.

My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think all the official announcements of Williams table packs have been on a Tuesday, so Friday (or Saturday) would be a break from that pattern.

My Devices
    ps4 pro,xbox1x,pc
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wilbers , spot on , I`ve been with Zen from day 1 , they will announce on there site and usually 2 weeks later the tables are out . also sign up to Zen and they send emails to you . now back to the Chelsea match , waiting for Liverpool , there getting closer !!!

My Devices
    IOS/ PC
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sit back have a Corona and enjoy

My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Naildriver74 View Post
    Corona
    enjoy
    Pick one.

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    sending out some positive vibes to the universe, yama yama indy yama yama ana jones yama yama give us indy ooom ooom. Pleeeeaaaase ooom.
    xD

My Devices
    Switch, IOS, PS4, PC
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post from Zen was deleted. Perhaps it will be announce this week.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast