Pinball Arcade and Stern Arcade PS4 running on the PS5

RevengeFan

Jun 26, 2013
loafer it`s all confusing for my pea brain , you can store PS5 on the outside hard drive but you can`t play them , but you can transfer to the inside hard drive from there . the youngsters at EB Games said there are no outside hard drive for the PS5 yet . the extra space for an added hard drive inside the console has been turned off for now . RevengeFan i have played quite a lot of the tables and so far all good . i would have played more but i`ve been playin Project Cars 3 , Dirt 5 and NFS Heat . i`m very happy with te console . al my PS4 games play really well on the PS5 .:cool:

Thanks, it's good to know that the Pinball Arcade will work whenever I can get a PS5. I wonder why it was on that list of problematic games then.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Thanks, it's good to know that the Pinball Arcade will work whenever I can get a PS5. I wonder why it was on that list of problematic games then.

Because it's somewhat problematic on PS4, so they were likely seeing those same issues on PS5 during BC testing, not realizing they're just existing issues in the program.

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
Firefox , from what i have managed to find out , we are going to wait until they decide when to bring the extension hard drive out . i`m using my old extension from my PS4 for all of my PS4 games , every game works except for Isle of Man 2 . i get my XBOX in about 10 days but i have already bought and picked up a 1 TB card . not exactly cheap $356 au which is about $220 us . they are screwing my little brain . once everything settles down we should be fine , i hope . personally i think XBOX has the better setup . :cool:

Insantiy. sheer insanity. lol

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
For the uninitiated, there will NOT be a way to run PS5 and XSX games off the external USB drives. These games are designed to take advantage of the internal SSD's so will only work with an SSD drive. IE: in some cases, these drives are used by the XSX/PS5 game very much akin to RAM, so to load the data from the external drive could cripple the game. So both Sony and MS have decreed if it's a next gen game, it needs to use the SSD.

Yeah space is an issue. If I understand correctly, SOME games will use less space than the last gen. The reason for this is because the SSD is so fast, games don't need to have multiple identical textures saved in multiple locations to speed up loading times as they are accessible almost instantaneously. and FYI, I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale...

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
^^^I can undertand that, but not allowing you to at least store 90gig plus games onto a external HHD so you only have to DL them once is madness, moreso as it's a feature used in the last gen of consoles, and at least MS allow you to do it on the their new consoles, but Sony are just trying to be funny not having that simple feature at launch, as i have a Pro and XBX and storing their games onto a external 2tb HDD is a god send, i don't even play them from the external HDD, i just make space on the internal and copy over the next game that takes my fancy, so Sony really need to get their finger out on such a simple but consumer freindly feature.

Mar 9, 2012
Anyone with a PS5 and TPA.. can you try the Tournament and see if it works for you? .. Does it allow you to even play.. is it recording scores.. etc..

wolfson

May 24, 2013
no worries , Captain Caveman :cool: for myself XBOX SERIES X is better because , it has quick resume which is great for pinball with , Pinball Arcade , FX3 Pinball and Zaccaria Pinball . you can leave one game and enter the other , and you are back in within a couple of seconds resuming from where you left off last time you played .i always buy both consoles and i can say i`m very happy with both consoles . :cool:

Mar 9, 2012
no worries , Captain Caveman :cool: for myself XBOX SERIES X is better because , it has quick resume which is great for pinball with , Pinball Arcade , FX3 Pinball and Zaccaria Pinball . you can leave one game and enter the other , and you are back in within a couple of seconds resuming from where you left off last time you played .i always buy both consoles and i can say i`m very happy with both consoles . :cool:

So no issues with the PS5 like many others?

wolfson

May 24, 2013
there`s always issues Captain Caveman , but i don`t let it worry me , eventually they get fixed . the main ones i had trouble with was Dirt 5 and Project Cars 3 crashing they seem to be good again . also GTA 5 sent me back to the start of the story mode and i had to play the prologue twice so i could play online . RDR 2 i had no issues and i have played Horizon 3 & 4 . these are the games i have mainly played .:cool:

dlbb

Aug 27, 2018
For those interested, tested every table on PS5 and they run great. You do get a warning when loading the game up, so there may be a glitch somewhere but I'm yet to find it. I own all the tables (pro) incl. ACDC, Addams Family, both Star Treks, Mustang, Buck Hunter etc..

They just need to;

- fix the purchasing of the balls. (asking me to buy them again despite owning them all)
- update the look and feel of the UI/menus etc.. looks old and stale
- start releasing new tables. Data East and latest Stern etc..

It's such a great collection, I hope they find a way to re-engage.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Thanks for checking dlbb. I own all the tables as well (albeit regular) and would love to move over to PS5 at some point (double the storage, smaller and more traditional form factor, etc.) instead of having to keep both in the living room.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I wouldn't count on TPA ever getting any updates anymore, let alone new tables. Once they lost the Williams/Bally license, they seem to have lost interest in the project entirely.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I own all the tables as well (albeit regular) and would love to move over to PS5 at some point (double the storage, smaller and more traditional form factor, etc.) instead of having to keep both in the living room.
You can get a USB pocket HDD for the PS4 games. The PS5 can play PS4 games off of a external hard drive.

dlbb

Aug 27, 2018
I wouldn't count on TPA ever getting any updates anymore, let alone new tables. Once they lost the Williams/Bally license, they seem to have lost interest in the project entirely.

Which is so unfortunate given how many Data East (GnR, WWF etc..) and Stern tabless are out there..

Never say never.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
GnR and WWF are pretty big licenses and would probably be too expensive to get, but there are still many more tables that could be done:

Laser War
Stern SS tables
Rollercoaster Tycoon
Monopoly
and of course, all of those Gottlieb EM's an SS.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.