Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is the Williams license in better hands now? Would a wide variety of tables by TPA be

My Devices
    PS4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, allow me to disagree

For me is force feedback very important for whole experience, even if this is not 100% realistic.

When I play some game which fully utilizes PS5 controller and later switch to XBOX to play something else, it is really day and night experience.

My Devices
    PS3
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the console, force feedback to me is a gimmick. On a standing digital pinball table, definitely completes the experience.

Banned
    My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinfan7 View Post
    The differences in those 2 screenshots are minimal and what you see there is the infamous -for many years- lacking of proper Anti-aliasing (no MSAA or SSAA iirc) in the Unreal Engine 4. You can enforce more sharpness and colour warmth through your GPU control panel if you want it to look like that in FX3.
    Notice also the lack of reflection on the table sides. In fact it's pretty dissapointing what I see there, I would expect way more fidelity, detail, HDR lighting, including a different playing environment for FX but we see here the same lounge, so it is pretty obvious again that the only reason they 've gone to Timmy's Store was to get the dosh upfront and milk existing customers, while playing Timmy's exclusivity game of cannibalizing the market rather than competing. The minor differences and same version ported in another engine is one more reason not to get it on the Timmy's Store. Not that I would do anyway, I'm done with Zen, these days I only support Zaccaria/Magic Pixel and I play Williams/Bally exclusively in VPX.
    Well, a new video is out showing the table and just proving all the above https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q5AqZTkUxQ

Looks also like they put the whole work into porting over the tables instead on working on physics, which look the same "****ty & stiff" ones to me.

VPX >>>>> this, anytime.
    Last edited by pinfan7; 01-28-2022 at 09:29 AM.

My Devices
    PS3 (TPA) PS4 (TPA, SPA, ZP2, FX3) XSS (ZP)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yespage View Post
    For the console, force feedback to me is a gimmick. On a standing digital pinball table, definitely completes the experience.
    Yeah. I've started turning off controller vibration in games. Sometimes it distracts from the experience or worsens your gameplay, twitchy online shooters for example. Plus it drains your controller's battery faster.
    It's all good.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123