The Random Thought Thread

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Kolchak , our elections are publicly funded , as to keep the creeps on the sideline , after the election , depending on how many votes you get , the Electoral Commission hands out the public money that was allocated for the election:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I learnt at your last election , your gun lobby the NRA , gave the orange man $30 mill , a pollie over here got a $40,000 bill paid for him by some Chinese mob , well that pollie resigned . seems to me that most of your pollies are puppets and muppets for the big corps . is this a fair assumption ?:cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Wife and I got the funk out with a little help from George Clinton Parliament/Funkadelic. Super fun show with a great band.

45000307964_3cf9ee06dc.jpg

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
thanks Kolchak . nice . I can remember how big and great the Funk music scene was in the 1970s , love it !!!:cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
George Clinton announced he will be retiring in May 2019. I think he is around 77 years old now. So this was probably my last chance to catch him.
Jeff, thought of you when they played Maggot Brain. Fantastic classic rock guitar disguised as funk. The band was around 20 people and they played for about two and a half hours. Brought fans on stage just to dance. Walking out everyone was smiling.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
George Clinton announced he will be retiring in May 2019. I think he is around 77 years old now. So this was probably my last chance to catch him.
Jeff, thought of you when they played Maggot Brain. Fantastic classic rock guitar disguised as funk. The band was around 20 people and they played for about two and a half hours. Brought fans on stage just to dance. Walking out everyone was smiling.

Love that song! Eddie Hazel was an incredible guitarist. He’s up there near Hendrix in my book. Have you ever listened to his rare solo album called Games, Dames, and Guitar Thangs? (even the name kicks ass heh). You can stream the full version of it here:
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x25m3xw

Sounds like it was a helluva show. Glad you and the wife had a great time.

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
a Pommy horse Cross Counter finally wins the Melbourne Cup and the Godolphin camp who have been trying for 26 years , have done it . and the jockey McEvoy winning his 3rd Cup !!! well done to all , another great one for the race which is always on the 1st Tuesday in November !!!:cool:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Vote early and often my crazy American friends!

If I were to vote, though, I would be eligible to be stripped of my permanent resident status, deported, and held up by those who care as an example of rampant election fraud.

I just asked my wife to vote twice, once for her, once for me ;)

wolfson

May 24, 2013
do you use schools for voting booths like us ? have a great day !! I hope you flip the House so we can find out the orange mans tax returns haha !!!:cool:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Our polling place is actually not the closest one to us. You have to drive past the closest one to get to the right one. (They're both churches, mind.)

Members online

Members online