Bug: Game loses count of balls in play for multi ball

HiTechKoke

Sep 1, 2012
In Red Light multi ball I got down to one ball and it still thought I was in multi-ball so any normal jackpot shot still scored. When the ball drained it then could not do end of ball bonus as it trout one was in play still. Did the Call Attendant and a plunger ball showed up and I then continued play.

Fast forward and I got into Speedometer multi ball and down to one ball and it thought I was still in multi ball. When I lost ball then then same situation, had to call attendant but this time the call attendant said there were no balls stuck. GAME OVER during a good game, had to quit the game.

I am getting a bit frustrated with the game bugs... Sigh

HiTechKoke

Sep 1, 2012
Arghhh!! Just happened again with red light multi ball and call attendant said it was not stuck... GAME OVER on first ball with 250million and an extra ball. I would give up on is game but I am trying to ache piece the Milwaukie Multi-ball.

HiTechKoke

Sep 1, 2012
They need to build into the code there can never be a state where no ball is not on the table and it is in game mode and you are not holding a ball with a flipper and nothing has happened for a minute or two.

HiTechKoke

Sep 1, 2012
Gotta love it.. Yet again.., Ball 3 during speedometer multi all... GAME OVER at 560 million., sigh... Argh! Might have come close to my PB at 666 million.

Apr 8, 2012
This has happened to me several times on different multiballs. I know for sure it has happened on speedometer multiball and red light multiball. I can't remember if it ever happened to me on harley multiball. The game apparently thinks there is still a ball on the table and won't end the multiball. Waiting for the ball search or calling attendant do nothing. I tried intentionally tilting the table and that locks the game up. This is a game breaking bug, there is no way to get back into regular play and you have to quit out.

Lazareth

Apr 13, 2013
I had this problem happen on my very first game, PS3 version. The only way out was to quit. The game is unplayable in its current state. Please patch it up.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
If you want anyone to play this game and score well, how about fixing this bug? For me it didn't just hurt me on the ball I had speedometer MB on, it carried over to the next ball as well. Had to tilt both at the end, lost bonus and basically interest in trying to continue playing this.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Happened to me today as well, even with carrying over to the next ball. I'm surprised it's not even on the master issues list for this table, which looks like it's not even on Farsight's radar.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Happened to me today as well, even with carrying over to the next ball. I'm surprised it's not even on the master issues list for this table, which looks like it's not even on Farsight's radar.
The master issues lists on this site are not official. I maintain them so that A) FarSight's testers have a place that lists all the bugs the community has found, and B) players encountering a bug have a place to check its status, see if there are any workarounds, etc.

That being said, I simply overlooked this particular issue. I'll add it in the next time I'm at my computer. The formatting is a complete pain to do on an iPhone.

Lazareth

Apr 13, 2013
The master issues lists on this site are not official. I maintain them so that A) FarSight's testers have a place that lists all the bugs the community has found, and B) players encountering a bug have a place to check its status, see if there are any workarounds, etc.

That being said, I simply overlooked this particular issue. I'll add it in the next time I'm at my computer. The formatting is a complete pain to do on an iPhone.

Overlooked this issue? Crap, this game crashing bug was detailed on the day of release. I think I even mentioned something about it then, as have others.. I've not played it since release because this game breaking bug happened on my very first game. It is unplayable in its current form. Please help to make a game we paid a little money for actually play as advertised, which is functioning...

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
Overlooked this issue? Crap, this game crashing bug was detailed on the day of release. I think I even mentioned something about it then, as have others..

You do realize that Sean is not a FS employee? And that it's quite a task to list all the bugs in TPA (be they tiny-winy or game breaking)? It's ok to be frustrated with a lot of the issues that are there - and have been for what feels like ages. But please don't direct that frustration towards Sean!

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Overlooked this issue? Crap, this game crashing bug was detailed on the day of release. I think I even mentioned something about it then, as have others.. I've not played it since release because this game breaking bug happened on my very first game. It is unplayable in its current form. Please help to make a game we paid a little money for actually play as advertised, which is functioning...
The master issues lists did not come into being until March 2013, so anything that anyone said on the day of HD's release would have been long forgotten and buried in the nether regions of the forum.

Also, there are over 400 issues recorded in the lists, and I read about 600 threads and probably close to 10,000 posts to find those issues. I think I can be excused the occasional error and omission.

And as Bonzo pointed out, I'm not a FarSight employee, and neither what I say here nor the contents of the master lists should be considered "official".

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
I think I can be excused the occasional error and omission.
Nope, definitely not. And FS can't be excused for making us pay for every TPA platform they release on. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, you're doing an unbelievably good thing with your bug tracking, Sir Sean.

And, for the record, I have yet to encounter this bug (on HD, that is) in ~200 games. If it occurs very infrequently, (a) it'll be difficult for FS to reproduce and/or fix, and (b) it just doesn't impact the majority of plays/players. I entirely understand that the longer your game, the better your score, the more frustrating a game-ending bug is, but hey! It's a game, right? Start another one.

K

Korven

I had this bug the last few times I've played, but only during red light mb if I remember correctly. Won't bother again until a fix is officially confirmed.

Lazareth

Apr 13, 2013
The master issues lists did not come into being until March 2013, so anything that anyone said on the day of HD's release would have been long forgotten and buried in the nether regions of the forum.

Also, there are over 400 issues recorded in the lists, and I read about 600 threads and probably close to 10,000 posts to find those issues. I think I can be excused the occasional error and omission.

And as Bonzo pointed out, I'm not a FarSight employee, and neither what I say here nor the contents of the master lists should be considered "official".

Ok gotcha, didn't realize you weren't representing FarSight. I don't visit here enough to keep up with everyone's official status. My apologies. I'm frustrated with the lack of support for fixing this table and was quick to voice that frustration. I have officially given up worrying about this bugged table, only because it was so cheap to purchase. But I'm not so gung-ho about jumping in and buying tables on release anymore.

Last edited:

Bmuig

Jul 29, 2013
I've had this happen a couple of times to me and today I just happened to watch exactly what happens:

- I started Speedometer Multiball
- while I waited for the other balls to enter the playfield, I shot the original ball into the Mystery Rider hole
- right after that, I shot another ball (one of the new Multiball Balls) into the Mystery Rider Hole
- after that, only one of the Balls came out, the other stayed in the hole -> thats when the game started loosing track of the Balls in play and never leaves the Multiball mode

System: Macintosh
Version: 2.6.0

invitro

May 4, 2012
They need to build into the code there can never be a state where no ball is not on the table and it is in game mode and you are not holding a ball with a flipper and nothing has happened for a minute or two.

I heartily agree with all of this. I might suggest just looking for a state where the game is in tilt for more than a minute.

The bug has not happened to me on HD3E yet, but it has on SS, RBioN, and CV on the PC edition. I suppose it is in all editions, but happens rarely. It is still a game-breaking bug and should be high priority to fix, IMO.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.