3,000,000 Wizard Goal Too Challenging?

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Seeing as the top leader board score (disregarding the apparent hacks) is a bit more than 2 million, is it possible FarSight set the bar too high on this one?

I personally love the more challenging goals. It keeps me going long past when I otherwise would have moved on to a different table. Though I wonder how attainable this one really is based on current leader boards.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I still didn't hit 1 mil. And I play this table pretty often.

But I thought some of the Black Hole goals were crazy too at first.

Man-Machine

Dec 6, 2012
I've played quite a lot and haven't even hit a million yet. Then again I don't really care about the wizard goals, couldn't name one single goal on any table.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
This may be a table that I never complete the Wizard Goals on simply because of that single one. There are a few tables I've pretty much accepted I may never complete, Genie being one of them. I still love the table.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Well, I was finally able to do this. There was some strange extra ball stacking going on... I was under the impression that wasn't supposed to happen. I accomplished it in 3 ball mode, but I really believe 5 ball mode is the easier for high scores. I think having as many possible tries to rack up extra balls an 5x bonuses is the best way to go.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I finally hit 1 mil but just barely. I don't see me ever hitting 3. I'm lucky to get 1 free ball. I think you would need to get a few to hit 3 mil.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Any tips for this table? I haven't broken 1m either.

Keep it out of the lower left lanes.
Play in the mini playfield as much as possible.
Nudge a lot-but be careful.
Collect bonus as much as you can.
Learn how the ball reacts off the upper lanes and bumpers and learn how to hit the lit spinner

I have played 3 ball mode with sometimes 6-8 balls earned from hitting the targets and still can't break 2.1M

Kutztown huh? I went to IUP.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I have gone back to playing this table after working on some others. I can['t even break 1M. Did they change some settings or codes? Seems sometimes when I nudge once it tilts. Very frustrating table.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I've cracked 1.5 million as of yesterday. This one is going to be another Big Shot for me.

Big shot has proven to be doable, even within a week or two there were at least 20-30 people that had achieved the goal. Genie has been out for what, 2 or 3 moths now and only one has hit the goal? It did take me awhile to hit Big Shot, but at least I was able to get close occasioanlly, can't even get close on this table, and even Roy Wills hadn't hit a total close.

Edit: played about 75 games of this today, only once hit over 1M.
This game needs user defined areas for flipper control and nudging. So many times I tilted because I was trying to flip and ended up nudging twice in a row.
The nudge/tilt settings I feel are off. Sometimes you can wait a couple seconds and nudge again without trouble, otehr times you can wait even longer and end up tilting.
And I also feel the game plays differently when a E is lit. So many times it is inconsistent with regular ball movement through lanes, or off bounces/walls when EB is lit compared to when there isn't one lit.

Maybe I am just frustrated, but after scoring 2M+ earlier in the month I can't even come close now and feel I have the table down even better down.

Last edited:

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I am beginning to think this game is a joke. I have spent the last two days perfecting it and have got pretty good, averaging about 1.4M a game that I finish. Once I had 950K on the first ball and added a couple extra balls and still only got 1.4M. Just played a game with about 10 extra balls and ended up with, yep, 1.4M. And the high score (initials PDT) on my local board isn't even on the leaderboards? Gonna give it a few more shots then I am done with this game.

N

netizen

And the high score (initials PDT) on my local board isn't even on the leaderboards?

You do know that the local high scores that are there when you first get the game are place holders, right? They aren't "real" scores, like the ones in the online leader boards.

If you have a Pro Mode you can go into the Operators menu and change what the default scores would be for the 1 - 4 positions on the HSTD, aka local high score table, when the game automatically resets, aprox every 3k games, or when you manually reset of the HSTD data via a factory reset or just doing an HSTD reset.

While Genie doesn't have an operators menu, the data for the local scores was populated in the same way, with a set of arbitrary scores and initials to give the impression of players having set plausible high scores for you to "beat" in case you didn't play online. Those scores and initials are kept so that when things are reset there is still data to put in the local HSTD files, that way the local scores list, for any given game, is not empty.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
You do know that the local high scores that are there when you first get the game are place holders, right? They aren't "real" scores, like the ones in the online leader boards.

If you have a Pro Mode you can go into the Operators menu and change what the default scores would be for the 1 - 4 positions on the HSTD, aka local high score table, when the game automatically resets, aprox every 3k games, or when you manually reset of the HSTD data via a factory reset or just doing an HSTD reset.

While Genie doesn't have an operators menu, the data for the local scores was populated in the same way, with a set of arbitrary scores and initials to give the impression of players having set plausible high scores for you to "beat" in case you didn't play online. Those scores and initials are kept so that when things are reset there is still data to put in the local HSTD files, that way the local scores list, for any given game, is not empty.

Interesting. Didn't know that. I really didn't care either way, just wanted something esle to complain about on this table, lol.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Well as of today there are only 2 legitimate high scores over 3m ( well done pinballchris and inspector42 ) and 3 obvious hacks so its pretty obvious this wizard goal is set WAY too high. Unless they lower it I'm not going to punish myself trying, you can't fail if you don't try can you? :D

In comparison 250 people have beaten the top score on Big Shot, 415 on Firepower.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.