First game cactus canyon

Binkles

Jan 27, 2013
Tell me the goals aren't too easy.

Never played the game in real life, never read the rules.

Didn't look at the goals.

Played one game, and have all standard goals completed.

Surely that's just too easy.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The wizard goals seem pretty fair. CC is also known in pinball circles as a fairly easy table. At least that is what I read on Pinside.

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
Cactus Canyon is actually quite easy in real life, yes. Still a really fun table... haven't downloaded yet, but I will before the night is through.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
I find it's not too hard to finish the standard goals in one or two games for many TPA tables. Not all, but many.

The wizard goals are another story.

Man-Machine

Dec 6, 2012
Why are there fries above the entrance to the mine?
Seriously: Seems like a nice table in its own unassuming way. Gunfights are a bonus. But i really dislike the pistols att the low end of the table.

Björn Wessman

Sep 4, 2012
Tell me the goals aren't too easy.

Never played the game in real life, never read the rules.

Didn't look at the goals.

Played one game, and have all standard goals completed.

Surely that's just too easy.

My first game lasted for 30 minutes even though I played like crap. Got 100 million which put me #5 on the high score list. None of the five balls drained in the outlanes or where even close. I lost them all due to bad play.

To get a decent score, I assume you have to play for hours. That is not what I want from a pinball game.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
My first game lasted for 30 minutes even though I played like crap. Got 100 million which put me #5 on the high score list. None of the five balls drained in the outlanes or where even close. I lost them all due to bad play.

To get a decent score, I assume you have to play for hours. That is not what I want from a pinball game.

I noticed that as well...I haven't finished the Noon-thingy yet so I don't know how much you would get for that.

I believe those crazy high scores are just a way to get people to buy the Pro so they can adjust the high scores to normal levels.

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
I'm actually doing horrible on the table so far... one of those rare cases where I feel like I'm actually better in real life. Maybe I'm just not in the pinball zone right now though.

TripleT

Sep 23, 2012
Why are there fries above the entrance to the mine?
Seriously: Seems like a nice table in its own unassuming way. Gunfights are a bonus. But i really dislike the pistols att the low end of the table.

Thanks. Now I can't play this table without getting hungry.

Agree about the guns... they should be transparent considering you can't sneak a peek around them like in real life.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Yeah, the guns seem weird to me too. I guess it is supposed to be like you just walked up to a bar or table and laid your guns down. Cute at first, then just kind of in the way.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Yeah, the guns seem weird to me too. I guess it is supposed to be like you just walked up to a bar or table and laid your guns down. Cute at first, then just kind of in the way.
I'm not a big fan of anything, be it ramps or toys, that obscures the inlane/outlane areas. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to reach into the glass and rip out AC/DC's cannon (which covers up the right outlane when it's not active).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.