Crazy high scores

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Have I missed something here but I played a good solid 20 minutes on this table and got most of the achievements except for Noon. I scored about 65M...the top high score is 800M. How on earth would that be achievable?

Are FS just adding random numbers in orders for us to buy the Pro mode (where you can change the high scores as far as I know)?

Extrema22

Feb 25, 2012
I was also wondering the same thing! Those high scores are insanely high so either I'm missing something or they were a little too enthusiastic while adding these scores ;)

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I like to think Farsight has a high opinion of me as a player..... :) In the last 3 table packs, HOF points are hard to come by. Central Park seems a bit easier (up into the 250 point range now, with a couple of games played), but Dr. Dude, Cactus Canyon and Genie are quite hard. I played a really good game I thought on Cactus, got all modes (Stampede twice, and Mother Lode 3x) and played High Noon, came up with around 105M....and tada: 25 HOF points for my trouble. This is a bit harsh. If you extrapolate that score, you have to get about 4B to achieve 1000 HOF points. I don't know how good players score on the real machine, but I would be surprised if they routinely score upwards of a 1B. Well, back to practice it is!
Slam23

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
Personally it looks like everything is out by a factor of ten. 85m would be a perfectly reasonable high score and 350phof points for 135m would also be about right given its about a 30 min game to get that.

Part of me does wonder though if its just Farsight trying to stop too many people making it to 1000 points so quickly. If so they've succeeded if only to shoot themselves in the foot by making phof points even less meaningful as instead of it being a matter of how many tables you have it's now also a matter of which.

If it is a bug then will we ever get the ability to regenerate Phof points from our highscores would also be a good question.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Completed high noon and only hit 110 million. Still only fifth place. Those scores seem a tad out of whack to me too.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Just look at the leaderboard, the top score so far is only half way to the wizard goal so they obviously have set the scores way too high again.

RyThom

Jan 2, 2013
I thought I was on fire: I completed High Noon, racked up a bunch of extra balls, felt like a million bucks...and yet only fifth place with 170,233,440! You'd have to play for an hour to break that 862 million! The scoring on this table just doesn't seem high enough to make a score like that a possibility.

Still...I really like this table :D

tyche

Oct 6, 2012
Glad I'm not crazy. I've had some good games and my best is 191 million. I know there's room to improve so I came here to see scoring strats but I find it hard to believe I could get anywhere near top score let alone 1000 points.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I take periods where I play this only as well. Still can't crack into 400M. In fact, it feels harder now than it did at release. Seems like lots of loop drains, bumper issues and the balls during multiball seem to collide more than previously.

doveton

Mar 7, 2013
its ruined the table for me, and to a lesser extent its spoiled the whole game. one of the aims i have when playing is to reach a certain HOF score on all tables, then set my bar a little higher when that scores accomplished. the HOF scores for this table are so ridiculous that i havent even got past 20 HOF points for this one, and the knowledge that its screwed up has meant that i cant even be bothered to play the table anymore. any chance they are likely to fix this in future cause i cant believe its meant to be this high? as someone else said it looks out by a factor of 10

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Having played the table i'm pretty sure that 800 million score is legit.

1) an amazing ball with a few bonus bounties and a lot of multipliers can easily surpass 100 million right there.

2) stacking multiballs can give insane scores.

3) high noon really pays off once you get to marshall. get to high noon a few times in the same game, and you will get there.

Last edited:

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
high noon really pays off once you get to marshall. get to high noon a few times in the same game, and you will get there.
a few times? I've completed high noon twice in one game and that was hard as hell!

Last edited:

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I just put up a billion as well. The biggest chunk was a 420M bonus on one ball. The ball had lasted a while, through a lengthy Showdown multiball plus High Noon. Then I shot for nothing but Gold Mine Multiball over and over (about 8 more times on that ball) and just shot for bonus multipliers during GMM. Discovered that the bonus multiplier maxes at 99x.

Besides bonus, yes, stack Gold Mine and Showdown multiballs. This is the procedure, which doesn't seem to be concisely spelled out in this forum:
1. Complete 3 quick draws and light the third Gold Mine lock.
2. Start the 4th quick draw.
3. Start Gold Mine, while the 4th quick draw is still running.
4. Complete that quick draw while Gold Mine is running to start Showdown concurrently.

Stampede also works for stacking (start Stampede during the 4th quick draw in the same way), but Gold Mine is better because the orbits feed the bumpers to park balls and rack up bonus.

Showdown can last an insanely long time, like 10+ minutes, relaunching a ball every time you complete the drop targets. I've gotten over 100M from the stacked multiballs, plus something like 2M x40 in bonus. Ignore the Gold Mine jackpots, just continually shoot the drop targets to keep the multiball going. One trick is to intentionally drain a ball immediately after completing the drops. That clears space by the flippers to help hit a couple drops from the new rack, while the relaunched ball spins around the lasso for several seconds out of the way then neatly feeds to the flipper.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Hi Vikingerik,
Thanks for the advice! I've seen you put up incredible numbers on a lot of tables, do you only play on PC?
Slam23

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Yes, just the PC version. The keyboard controls are much more precise than any touch interface. Slap saves in particular are very easy, I almost never drain SDTM on any table. Besides TPA, I've also got the #1 score on Pro Pinball Timeshock, and assorted other former and current #1's on the other PP games.

I'm good, but the guy to watch out for is Tarek Oberdieck. He and I have been swapping title spots for years on the Pro Pinball games. I have no idea how he's putting up his crazy TPA stuff like 1M on Big Shot or 15K on Central Park.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.