Crazy high scores

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I'll be on the look-out for this STTNG named Oberdieck person, he may actually be from the future, that would explain the inhumane Big Shot score :) So you probably backed the pro pinball timeshock kickstarter? I'm very curious how it's gonna turn out, can't wait!

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I am curious whether the leaderboard scores are a bit tilted as well. I have some 200+ which doesn't even get me into Top 500 (which is my aim for every table). Or maybe 200M+ really isn't that good? I haven't played the game for a while but it is so hungry I wouldn't expect peoples scores being so high.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Is this game perhaps like STTNG so that score rises exponentially the longer you play? I have 280M now, which I had to struggle quite a bit for but it doesn't put me in the top-300 even. Same goes for Scared Stiff, but I guess have a bit to do with it being quite easy so if you play it safe and tactical you will continue to score-and-score. CC however is so difficult I would assume it would filter out a lot of people from the top part of the leaderboards.

Any thoughts on this?

Btw, [MENTION=896]Slam23[/MENTION]. I'm coming to get you on the HOF-leaderboard :)

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
The real key to CC is bonus. Longer balls + higher bonus x = crazy high bonus. I've gone over 100M easily. Use multiball to keep feeding the jets, that achieves both goals. Showdown is best for this since you can keep it going forever.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Is this game perhaps like STTNG so that score rises exponentially the longer you play? I have 280M now, which I had to struggle quite a bit for but it doesn't put me in the top-300 even. Same goes for Scared Stiff, but I guess have a bit to do with it being quite easy so if you play it safe and tactical you will continue to score-and-score. CC however is so difficult I would assume it would filter out a lot of people from the top part of the leaderboards.

Any thoughts on this?

Btw, [MENTION=896]Slam23[/MENTION]. I'm coming to get you on the HOF-leaderboard :)

Bring it on baby! :) Actually (and not to take anything away from your effort to get there), this is a good time to do that, because Pillars of Eternity is eating all my TPA time....so I'm probably not going to move a lot on the HOF boards. Did up my previous best of a modest 2B on MB to 3B to get a bit more respectable, just a inch from cracking the top 100. That table-of-the-week-club thing is a good way to focus on tables that I otherwise wouldn't start up that quickly.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Is this game perhaps like STTNG so that score rises exponentially the longer you play?

Scoring is exponential within each ball, as ball time increases both the bonus-X and bonus total, so the result is proportional to ball-time squared (until you hit 99x.) There isn't anything progressive throughout the game however.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Eldar: So I've heard (about the bonus). I gave it a decent shot a while ago but haven't played much since. The fact that you can drain STDM on a left loop feed is so stupid I mostly get frustrated playing it.

Slam: After I finished the last WG's I thought I would stop playing for a while. Then I managed all tables below #500 and thought I would stop. Now I am playing for all under #300 while trying to chase you in the HOF-list and also get a better "Invitro-place". Typically, it seems like those last three goals coincide...and, I am coming to terms with the fact that I am a complete TPA-addict.

Getting off topic here but I still think CC has pretty weird high scores. The local high scores have been discussed thoroughly but the leaderboards (even with the bonus) seems strange. I will focus on this table for a while and go all-in on the bonus strategy!

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I have tried stacking Gold Mine and Showdown. I have tried to build the bonus x through endless of boring shots to the gold mine. It just seems I can't stay away from the outlanes or the flipper gap. It takes sooo much time to stack bonus x that I will drain eventually before reaching any greater heights 25-30 is my best in a LOT of attempts. Basically, in order to get at least a good bonus and High Noon you need to do so many different shots. I just can't manage to keep the ball alive long enough!

Extra balls are also very difficult. I only managed Polly's Peril in like 1-2 times out of 50.

This table is so damn frustrating!!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.