We have Randomness!

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Anyone else notice that there is variation in where the ball travels when it exits a ramp, or is tossed out of a cellar hole?

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Also notice when the ball is moving slowly it will travel at strange tragectories. Looks like this pack has some signs of ball spin working.

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
I actually had to go and make sure there weren't magnets under the badge in the center of the playfield. While this may be a good sign for the future, it is by no means ready for prime time. That whole center area plays like the inserts are dished and sunken in.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
I guess that's why my initial games had a failed center ramp shot going SDTM consistently, then today, they always seemed to hit the left or right flipper.

N

netizen

I actually had to go and make sure there weren't magnets under the badge in the center of the playfield. While this may be a good sign for the future, it is by no means ready for prime time. That whole center area plays like the inserts are dished and sunken in.

Do you mean slowing down and changing of direction at the sheriffs star?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

This was actually a bug that was fixed on Android and should be fixed on iOS with the next update.

N

netizen

Pin Wiz beat me to the punch
Yes. 90% of the time, the ball acts normally. The other 10%, it acts like the power on TAF but not as severe.

That slow down and change direction around the sheriffs star area is a bug. It was identified during the Android Beta round, not sure why it wasn't seen for iOS. :confused:

The fix for it on Android was to erase the table REZ file and DL a new one that Ryan had prepared. Does the new iOS version include the manual table data delete feature under options; you know on the same menu where my tables and new tables selection is? If so erase the Cactus Canyon table file, and download a new one. This will not effect your goals or scores.

IF not, or after all of that, and you still encounter the slow down and direction change in the sheriffs star area, on iOS, report it as a platform specific bug here.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Pin Wiz beat me to the punch

That slow down and change direction around the sheriffs star area is a bug. It was identified during the Android Beta round, not sure why it wasn't seen for iOS. :confused:

It was reported in the iOS beta too, but they have to submit the iOS version earlier for Apple approval, so they weren't able to fix it in time.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Yes, I reported it to Steve during the iOS beta. He said it sounded like a tuning issue and passed it on to the appropriate people to get straighten out. As Jeff said, they probably already submitted it to Apple. We didn't report it earlier as it did not appear in the first beta build we received.

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
Not surprisingly, it is also on the Mac version. The table management menu is empty on Macs, so that's not an option. It's not game breaking. Just a glaring case of "wtf just happened??" when it occurs.

Does FS need more beta testers? I'd be happy to help out.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I just played the real table a couple days ago and TPA version is way off. Seems like its suffering the same random pop out like AFM when it shouldn't Dam FS you shelled out $10k for this youd think you might try to get it right.

Members online

Members online