So hard

Dechampfleury

Feb 19, 2013
Hi, am i the only guy who think this table is very hard ?

My best score is 28 millions.

I.m always frustrated to the the ball goes directly between the 2 flips. The ramps are very far...

Aaargh so frustating game !

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
Nope you arent alone. It's definitely more challenging than most other tables. Seems to be the trend lately. I for one, like it! Only been able to manage 64M myself, good enough for bottom of the high score list :cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The local leader board scores are brutal. I just completed high noon and scored over 110 million and it is still only good enough for the fifth best local score. Do they think I can, or want to, complete high noon 5 or six times in a single game? That top spot will never be mine.

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
It's a toughie all right. I see people posting 'I managed 100 mil with first ball' and all I can think is how the heck is that possible.

Practice practice practice but at the mo it's kicking my ar*e

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I once played a game where every ball was lost to the right outlane. I might've done better if I could actually SEE the right outlane.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Nope you arent alone. It's definitely more challenging than most other tables. Seems to be the trend lately. I for one, like it!
As do I. I've never seen a real CC, but based on how other recent recreations that I have recently played in real life, such as DD and FP, have turned out playing extremely close to their real life counterparts, it seems FS is concentrating more on an authentic experience, rather than their previous easy tuning for the casual player.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I'm happy that they've upped the difficulty some. Makes it more like real life. Still easier than real though.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
I've got around 60 mill or so, but I'm not sure if it's "hard" - it doesn't feel like it. Perhaps it's a well-designed table such that even if you miss, you hit something. Brutal tables are one that tend to have balls heading to outlanes or SDTM with no good reason at all (the center ramp is good for this, but it seems to have settled a bit).

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
I'm happy that they've upped the difficulty some. Makes it more like real life. Still easier than real though.

Yeah, it just didnt feel right getting to LITZ in my first game on PS3. Havent gone back to the table much (even though I love it) because it doesnt really pose a challenge. It's more of a mental marathon to keep hitting those three shots. And with the perfect (mostly) kickouts....

But ever since STTNG the tables have been getting closer to real difficulty and that has kept me hooked on them trying to finish table goals and getting a high score that will mean something! I didn't purchase the DD/FP pack, but you better believe I play the @@$# out of the demos. FP kicks me in the nuts every time I play it and I love that!

I purchased CC/CP and I honestly love both tables and cant decide which one to play when I open up the app. GREAT job FS!!

Now if we can just get the consoles up to snuff....

SoonPoker

Jul 19, 2012
I think it's an hard table, certainly more close to the real one (never played).

One main thing in this table for me is the huge difficulty for the control of the ball on the flips. I've just done a 64M+ game with "on the go" shoot (doesn't know if it is the right english word :confused:), I mean without control. But the problem is that the ball takes a lot of speed ... And if you miss a shoot ... it is you and your luck ! :p

A good point is that it's a table which does not takes many time ! For example, I stoped playing Scared Stiifs because of the time its takes for a single game !

Last edited:

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Over 230M and did not even get the High Noon to play once during that game. Had some real big bonus scores though. 44x bonus.

Epsilon

Apr 19, 2012
Can't you change the local high scores if you have access to the Pro menus? I mean, I guess you wouldn't want to do that if you care about the overall leaderboards, but I'd imagine 99% of players know they have no chance to compete at that level anyway so they might at least want to have reasonable local scores to chase.

This was one of my favorite tables from my days of obsessively playing VP back in the day, and I don't recall the factory default high scores being particularly onerous. Maybe a simple factory reset would work, unless FarSight explicitly set the factory default as those higher scores for whatever reason.

As for the general difficulty, I'm of a bit of mixed opinion on the trend toward more difficult play. I can certainly appreciate those who are really skilled enjoying having a bigger challenge, and it certainly is more realistic that way, but the frustration factor can be a bit much for many players, I feel. I've always been of the opinion that the difficulty of real pinball was more geared toward economic necessity (keeping ball times reasonably low to maximize income) which doesn't really apply in the virtual environment we're playing it here. That's why I can sometimes appreciate Zen's approach in making keeping the ball in play easier to make it more suited for non-coin operated home play.

But ultimately that's why there's a place for both products; Farsight is providing a pinball simulation striving for coin-op realism, and Zen is providing a pinball experience more tailored to the manner in which home gamers typically play games. Depending on my mood, I'll go for either one at any given point, and I'm glad they both exist.

Also, the addition of operator menus is a real godsend for those who will never compete for high leaderboard spots, because you can make the game extremely forgiving in terms of setting the balls you get in a game, as well as handing out extra balls like candy, so if you're getting frustrated and want to see what the table has to offer, you can always give yourself tons of opportunities per game and make certain tasks easier to accomplish.

Last edited:

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I strive for 300 HOF points on my tables, but Dr. Dude and this one have me frustrated. I have bettered my play over the course of the last month or so, but do not see me reaching that milestone on those these two tables (DD and CC). So I really won't play them much I do not think. Along with that on this particular table is the left and right loops where the ball sometimes goes SDTM on ejects and normal game play.

I can hadle increased difficulty for sure, but on virtual pinball, where nudging is suspect and difficult and reaction time is lessened IMO, makes these two tables low on my favorites list. It looks like a 300 HOF game for CC will be around 1.25 billion, that looks like it would take about 2 or 3 hours t play based on my games of 125M taking about 20-30 minutes. Too long.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Harder difficulty and harder goals are two different things. I think goals and HOF scores should be challenging to obtain. If you can master everything in a day or two after it's released, there's nothing more to work towards. I'm much more likely to play the tables that I haven't maxed out the goals and scores rather than the ones I've already "mastered".

I'm not a great player, but I like the tables to be challenging and close to realistic to keep the game times shorter. I don't mind a lengthy game here and there game if I have to work hard for it, but if it's too easy to keep the ball going, the games run too long, and I lose interest pretty fast.

Last edited:

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Actually, harder difficulty equates to shorter game times, not longer. Harder difficulty and harder goals are two different things.

And shouldn't goals and HOF scores be challenging to obtain? If you can master everything in a day or two after it's released, there's nothing more to work towards. I'm much more likely to play the tables that I haven't maxed out the goals and scores rather than the ones I've already "mastered".

I see what you are saying, this last release (CC and CP), the goals were pretty easy. But I do not see anything that could have been inserted that is harder. Games are shorter, yes, but scoring on CC does not seems to equate to the local high scores. At least with Dr. Dude, the local scores were reasonable, though I do not feel the HOF points are.

On CC, if I play say, 5 balls a game usually, I usually lose 3 down the middle to the left and right loops being inconsistent. Now, again, if this is the way they are going, fine, I can handle it, but give me some leeway with nudging. Sometimes (I use touch nudge) I hit nudge once and it tilts, sometimes I hit it twice and I am fine, occasionally I can do it three times without issue. IMO, something needs to be consistent, either the nudging (say give me two quick taps as a limit to not tilt) or the entry. I know MM and MB have loops that can be inconsistent, but it can be recognized and there is time to use nudging to save it. Seems to me on CC, the ball doesn't change direction until half way down the middle of the table.

Don't get me wrong, it may seem like I am complaining, but I am not.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
After High-Noon my score averages between 60-90 million. At that rate, I'd need at least 10 completions of High-Noon to get over 800M.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
After High-Noon my score averages between 60-90 million. At that rate, I'd need at least 10 completions of High-Noon to get over 800M.

A quick game for me is usually 30M, I usually score 110-140M 50% of the time. I do not know if this is a progressive scoring machine, but would assume it would have to have some.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.