I think they've got "Quick Draw" and "gunfight" mixed up.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Standard Western conventions say that two guys facing each other, guns holstered, and the object is to draw, fire, and hit the other guy before he hits you, you've got a quick draw showdown. If you begin exchanging fire immediately, and have 30 seconds to hit a target, it's a gunfight. The game has them the other way around.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I think you're right, another victim of the budget cuts for Williams Pinball towards the end of their life.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Maybe they called the one quick draw because you get a bigger bonus the quicker you do it. It has the bonus counting down.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Well, gunfight only gives you about 5 seconds to hit it before it goes away. I'd argue it's more of a "quick draw" than the bonus counting down.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Well, gunfight only gives you about 5 seconds to hit it before it goes away. I'd argue it's more of a "quick draw" than the bonus counting down.

I agree with you. That is what I picture when I think of a quick draw. 2 guys in the street waiting to draw. Over in the blink of an eye.

I was just trying to speculate as to why they called them that.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I agree with you. That is what I picture when I think of a quick draw. 2 guys in the street waiting to draw. Over in the blink of an eye.

I was just trying to speculate as to why they called them that.
Basically nobody checked it was right, simple as that.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Well, it was an incomplete table, so it was probably out the door before people could've fixed the issue. There are a few issues on the playfield as well, nevermind "Bionic Bart". Basically it was in the midst of being worked on, management said stop, and they shipped what they had, forgetting to fix all the issues that needed to be fixed before going into production.

Who knows - they probably were going to swap them in the final design, if it gone that far.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.