will Ouya tables look better or worse than other [android] devices?

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Finally found a video of the game:

Too bad the recording quality is pretty bad.

I don't know if the recording is bad or it's the console. There is another video on You Tube that says HD and the quality of the recording is just as bad. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GC95HiHNz8 (don't know if the link will work).

I can't wait for someone on this forum to play TPA on Ouya and tell us what TPA really looks like on Ouya. I hope that these two videos of TotAN are not what the way TPA really looks like on a HDTV.

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
The video itself is HD on youtube but both videos are created by recording a TV screen with a camera.
Doesn't matter how good the camera is, the sound is being picked up by crappy speaker.

I can give a very good example.

Here's a video I created of the gameplay in the XBOX 360 version of NHL 2k10.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bANh2qYVXTg&list=UUJ2Ensk5MkPZbZJlEA9m6BQ&index=1

This was filmed with a Canon Rebel T3i at 1080p 30FPS from a 720p screen (recording at 720p 60fps results were even worse, check out the pacioretty goal video to see).

Compare that to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7-KVvbAbvk&list=SP2B6ADC4FD0FDB7D4&index=5

Which was recorded using an HDPVR (like the Happauge units available) directly to a PC via HDMI.

Same game, but sound and picture are reproduced pretty well as they would look on the TV.

Difference is night and day.

What you see in those videos would be equivalent to my video
What the game looks like would be more like the second video.

infernogott

Apr 6, 2012
I finally got my Ouya.

So it looks basically the same as on my smartphone only on the big screen, which makes it look kinda bad compared to the 360 Version.

But it's fine to test new tables and it has the same controls as the 360 Version (Nudging with the left analogue stick).
But I really wish they would make it possible to change the controls, because when I try to use my 360 Controller (which has better triggers imo) the triggers won't be recognized as the flippers.
The controls seem a bit laggy because of the steep pressure point (sorry if that's not the technical term for that) of the ouya controller triggers.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I finally got my Ouya.

So it looks basically the same as on my smartphone only on the big screen, which makes it look kinda bad compared to the 360 Version.

But it's fine to test new tables and it has the same controls as the 360 Version (Nudging with the left analogue stick).
But I really wish they would make it possible to change the controls, because when I try to use my 360 Controller (which has better triggers imo) the triggers won't be recognized as the flippers.
The controls seem a bit laggy because of the steep pressure point (sorry if that's not the technical term for that) of the ouya controller triggers.

How about the frame rate? I could handle TPA without the graphical touch-ups as long as it plays smoothly, like it does on my nexus 7, with the obvious control exception. (Future fix???)

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
How about the frame rate? I could handle TPA without the graphical touch-ups as long as it plays smoothly, like it does on my nexus 7, with the obvious control exception. (Future fix???)

Can you play the tables in portrait mode?
I have all of the tables on the PS3, but I plan on gettin an Ouya for XBMC and emation use, but I'd consider buying some of the tars again on here if we can play in portrait mode.

Someone from Farsight told me TPA on the PS3 would eventually have this mode so I went ahead and bought a rotatable display stand for my 22" Playstation Display, but they seem to have forgotten about adding this.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
I've got so used to the portrait on N7 that I'm not sure I can go back to landscape on the consoles unless they offer a portrait mode. I'd happily create a stand for my 27" lcd to work in portrait.

infernogott

Apr 6, 2012
Framerate is good.

I don't know about portrait mode. I haven't found any options in the game or the ouya itself to change to portrait mode. The ouya display settings have a setting for auto-rotation, but I have no clue how to get the screen to rotate.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.