White Water tactics and strategies?

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Getting river letters.

Use Whirlpool Challenge. shoot the plunged or kicked out ball into the whirlpool. hold the right flipper up and steer the light to the inlane. shoot the first ball into no way out with a very early flip, and hold. flip the left flipper 3 times to move the light back. cradle the second ball, and shoot it into no way out as well. At this time the first ball will be back to the upper flipper, and provided you dropped your flipper in time, you can then shoot it into the whirlpool (EASY shot). The other ball will follow behind it, and can be shot in again before the first one kicks out of the lost mine. You now have both in the lost mine kickout at the same time again, and can repeat your letter steering stunt. You will be at river class six in no time.

This is doable in single ball play as well, but it's slower.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
You can do that whole river letters sequence during Whirlpool Challenge more simply by just holding one ball on the left flipper all the way through. You just have to set up the inlane light using the right flipper while the ball is in the whirlpool. Then of course just hold the right flipper for the Lost Mine eject, shoot No Way Out -> Bigfoot Bluff as usual, and repeat.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
right. you can also do it during single ball play in a pinch.

But it's a lot faster and more fun to do it my way. :)

besides, how do you get a ball trapped on the left flipper? my method works right from the start. you are guaranteed to get the chance to do it. plus it's easier to regain control after a brick of no way out then if you have a ball stuck on the left flipper.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Whirlpool Challenge is the safest way to rack up huge scores. It maxes out at 53M for the Whirlpool and 100M for the 'Whirlpool Complete' jackpot, but that's getting to pretty high levels of scoring by then.

5 (or 6? does it award the Whirlpool Value and the 'Whirlpool Complete' for the 6th shot, or just the jackpot?) x 53M + 100M = 365M/418M.

2xVacation Jackpot [per completed Whirlpool] for far less effort? Sign me up. It gets boring after a while and you may want to find something to hold down your flipper key, or just pause now and again.... The same as any exploitable shot or mode, you will be sitting there for a long time to rack up the truly insane high scores.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Yes, Whirlpool Challenge is absurdly railroadable on TPA. I had one last 40 minutes and score over 8 billion. Mine eject -> No Way Out -> Bigfoot Bluff for eternity. And even if you miss Bigfoot, you get another shot from the inlane feed!

I think I remember that each 6th shot awards only the completion score and not also the whirlpool value.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
At least Whirlpool Challenge racks up pretty quickly. When I got 8B+ on BoP, I was bored after about half-an-hour of continually hitting the ramp, locking balls, hitting the Heart ramp etc. And that was only 8 Billionaires Clubs. There are scores on the leaderboard of 50B+ for BoP, so some folks just have a little too much time on their hands.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.