PS3 - Bug Lane Changer Problem

SilverBallAddict

Sep 1, 2012
I read in the instructions for this table that the right flipper is supposed to change the lit rollovers. Put simply, it doesn't. Anyone else suffering this problem? It's making it pretty hard to bump up the multiplyer and high scoring is definitly out at the moment!

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
Works here on my PS3... I tried barely pressing R1 to see if I might get a flipper flip but no lane light change (kinda like how the double-stage flippers work), but everything worked fine.

What happens if you go into Options / Settings and change Flipper Control from L1/R1 to L2/R2?

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
If I remember correctly they only change 1 direction with 1 flipper and since I dont own FP thats all I can add.

SilverBallAddict

Sep 1, 2012
If I remember correctly they only change 1 direction with 1 flipper and since I dont own FP thats all I can add.

I've flailed on both but to no avail!
Apart from no Lane changing abilities I do like the table. Quite challenging with those stand ups just ready to shoot your ball SDTM!

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Yeah updates don't tend to affect the tables. Last ditch thing to try would be just to delete the game and game data (NOT your game save, though), and re-download the game and all the tables.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Ah, I found the problem: you can't change the rollover lanes on Firepower if your controller is set to controller number 2 (or probably any other than number 1).

SilverBallAddict

Sep 1, 2012
Ah, I found the problem: you can't change the rollover lanes on Firepower if your controller is set to controller number 2 (or probably any other than number 1).

THANKYOU!!! I'll get right on that. Because of the way I have leads connected to console, the default setting on my controller is, '3'. Such a simple thing that drove me nutz!!
Thanks again smbhax. :cool:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I usually use 1 or 2 because that's where I have my pads plugged in--so this is going to be a rather irritating bug because from now on I'm going to have to make sure I'm using the controller set to #1 before I start TPA. : P

SilverBallAddict

Sep 1, 2012
I usually use 1 or 2 because that's where I have my pads plugged in--so this is going to be a rather irritating bug because from now on I'm going to have to make sure I'm using the controller set to #1 before I start TPA. : P

I'm the same. At least you worked it out & now I'm quite addicted to this table. Without the lane change, I don't think I would have played much. Now it's eating virtual coins right out my virtual wallet!:cool:

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
That's so Annoying. I have just recently started playing Firepower more often and scored a decent score of 1.1m could of been more if I could have been able to change the fire lanes. Was wondering why it wasn't working and looked into this thread. I usually have my fight stick plugged in to play marvel or Injustice. When I found out why it didn't work when my 2nd controller wasn't working. I have no issues with the other tables.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Thanks for this thread. I had to change controllers (battery low on #1), exited TPA, went back in TPA with controller #2, and the lane-change didn't work, so again confirm the issue to exist as of v2.16 with two standard DualShock3 controllers.

This should be a code-related problem so luckily should be fixable.

@Sean DonCarlos : please add to Master Issue List if you see this.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.