PS3 - Bug Balls going through flipper

ParallaxScroll

Aug 21, 2012
PS3, No Good Gofers, game version 2.11

During multiball, I had two balls trapped on the left flipper. When the third ball in play came in contact with the trapped balls, all 3 balls fell directly through the raised flipper and into the drain.

Edit: Less than 10 minutes after writing this post, I had a second ball go directly through a raised flipper in Gofers. The second time, there were no trapped balls involved. Just a single ball falling directly through the leftmost part of the raised left flipper during a trap attempt, into the center drain.

Edit: More detail:

After playing another game on Gofers I can elaborate on behavior I think is related to this glitch. When attempting to trap a ball with either flipper by holding the flipper up, sometimes the game behaves as if the flipper surface is completely horizontal instead of angled upwards. This behavior only happens intermittently but it happened several dozen times in one game.

Example:
The ball is coming down from the left inlane and contacts the raised left flipper. Instead of rolling up towards the tip of the flipper and slowing down due to gravity, the ball rolls directly to the right from the point where it touched the base of the flipper. This puts the ball partway "inside" the flipper as it moves towards the tip. The ball moves towards the tip faster than it normally should, due to rolling along a level surface instead of an incline. In some cases it is still possible to trap the ball when this happens by nudging. After flipping the ball, the next time the ball touches the flipper it usually behaves normally. But if you play long enough, it happens again eventually.

Last edited:

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
This glitch isn't limited to No Good Gofers. I've experienced this at least once on almost every table. It appears to be a collision detection issue of sorts.

ParallaxScroll

Aug 21, 2012
Yes, for example the bug used to be present in Creature From The Black Lagoon. However I thought one of the patches a couple months ago fixed this across all tables in the PS3 version. I've only started experiencing this bug in No Good Gofers PS3 since the 2.11 patch.

Edit: Meant 2.11, not 1.11

Last edited:

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
However I thought one of the patches a couple months ago fixed this across all tables in the PS3 version. I've only started experiencing this bug in No Good Gofers PS3 since the 1.11 patch.
Definitely not! I've experienced the problem a lot before the 2.11 patch, especially when the ball hits the tip of the flipper just right.

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Do you guys mean the 2.11 patch that just came out in North America?

There was a patch a while back that fixed the most obvious ball through the flipper stuff. There's still a problem where balls bounce away from each other before actually colliding, and this can cause a ball to kick another ball through the flippers in multiball--the fix for that will be in the Centaur/Pin*bot pack.

I haven't seen a ball in single-ball play just go straight through a flipper in ages, so I dunno about that one. Haven't played Gofers recently but the patch download size and FarSight's posts on Facebook indicate that no tables were updated directly with the 2.11 update; not to mention that they've stated pretty strongly that Sony's DLC policy prohibits them from updating the PS3 DLC tables at all--although we know they've been able to do it in the case of something that entirely breaks the table's gameplay, like the nudge-for-jackpots multiball bug on Monster Bash that they fixed some time ago. As far as anyone knows, none of the DLC tables have been patched on PS3 since then, though.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Haven't played Gofers recently but the patch download size and FarSight's posts on Facebook indicate that no tables were updated directly with the 2.11 update; not to mention that they've stated pretty strongly that Sony's DLC policy prohibits them from updating the PS3 DLC tables at all--although we know they've been able to do it in the case of something that entirely breaks the table's gameplay, like the nudge-for-jackpots multiball bug on Monster Bash that they fixed some time ago. As far as anyone knows, none of the DLC tables have been patched on PS3 since then, though.
Just to clarify, code lives in the main game files and art/sounds/resources in the DLC. The DLC can't be updated easily, so art/sound issues are hard to fix. Code issues, like the one that caused the Franky MB issues, are easier to correct.

ParallaxScroll

Aug 21, 2012
Do you guys mean the 2.11 patch that just came out in North America?

My bad, I meant 2.11, not 1.11. Yes, this started happening for me in the newest patch.

Gofers definitely changed with the latest patch. The ball physics (or at least how the ball interacts with the flipper) are not the same as before. Pre-patch, to get a straight shot to the Putting Green from the right flipper, you flip when the ball is near the base of the flipper. After the patch, you have to flip closer to the tip of the flipper to make the same shot.

Last edited:

ParallaxScroll

Aug 21, 2012
After playing another game on Gofers I can elaborate on behavior I think is related to this glitch. When attempting to trap a ball with either flipper by holding the flipper up, sometimes the game behaves as if the flipper surface is completely horizontal instead of angled upwards. This behavior only happens intermittently but it happened several dozen times in one game.

Example:
The ball is coming down from the left inlane and contacts the raised left flipper. Instead of rolling up towards the tip of the flipper and slowing down due to gravity, the ball rolls directly to the right from the point where it touched the base of the flipper. This puts the ball partway "inside" the flipper as it moves towards the tip. The ball moves towards the tip faster than it normally should, due to rolling along a level surface instead of an incline. In some cases it is still possible to trap the ball when this happens by nudging. After flipping the ball, the next time the ball touches the flipper it usually behaves normally. But if you play long enough, it happens again eventually.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.