The plunger on PS3?

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Am I the only one having issues with the plunger for this table on the PS3? The power levels seem very inconsistent and I've had numerous occasions where plunged and the ball didn't move at all.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Hadn't noticed it being inconsistent, and the skill shot aspect isn't that hard to do, except I forget about it half the time and plunge too hard. : P

The thing with plunging and having the ball go nowhere can be done on any table, just pull back the plunger before the ball is settled in the launcher. Irritating and an obvious, basic problem but they've never touched it.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
You're not the only one. Heck, I have problems with the plunger physics on almost every table (except the ones with auto launchers) in general.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Hadn't noticed it being inconsistent, and the skill shot aspect isn't that hard to do, except I forget about it half the time and plunge too hard. : P

The thing with plunging and having the ball go nowhere can be done on any table, just pull back the plunger before the ball is settled in the launcher. Irritating and an obvious, basic problem but they've never touched it.
I have specifically waited for the ball to settle and have still gotten the "plunge to nowhere" result.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Hmm well I wouldn't put it past it. I think maybe if you dry plunged at some point before the ball settled, the next plunge doesn't work, or something like that. It's goofed up. : P

Baramos

Aug 18, 2013
I've noticed it's a different power level to have it land in the upper playfield than on the iOS version (i.e. you pull it back farther than on the iOS version), I mean so much so that on the iOS version some of the blue on the plunger is showing in the hashmark area whereas on the PS3 none is.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Bumping a month-old thread, but I found the random plunger behaviour to be exactly the same as the real machine that was in my arcade until recently. Getting that skill shot is meant to be really difficult... though you can make it a lot easier with a left-nudge just as it drops off the launcher habitrail.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.