Too hard?

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I really like the setup of this table but after playing it some 50+ times I am getting a tad frustrated that the outlanes as well as all the SDTM-bounce backs kills games so ruthlessly. They skip down those outlanes in the blink of an eye and there is no nudging that can stop it...

Am I being a big baby or is this table just a bit too hard?

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
The view from my corner of the playpen is that it's too hard. The right loop is essentially child-proof and I can't say I've ever hit it when I've aimed carefully; it's always a lucky shot. The middle drains and the outlanes are bullies. I've never gotten past the fourth fighter; he always knocks me down and takes my candy. Waah, I say. Waaah!

Eegah

May 12, 2013
Yeah there's tables that are hard but entertaining (Firepower, F2k to an extent) and then there's just absurd, with this one crossing the line for me. Drains seems so random it feels like trench warfare circa 1915.

I'll come back to it at some point but so far we have bonding issues.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
I thought this about champions pub at first, but the ramps are pretty safe, ESPECIALLY when using the raised center post. You can take down almost all the boxers by utilizing the jabs, and using a smart punch to knock out the last ones. If you do this and build up letters for fisticuffs during other multiball, it takes away a great deal of the risk.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I would say that the outlanes are a far bigger problem than the middle drains. Especially since they drain so fast you never really get any chance to react. It seems like once its starts bouncing on the slingshots, back and forth, you know you are going to drain!

I like the challenge of it though, especially since it's a fun table to chase difficult goals (unlike Genie and Going nuts) but it can be incredibly frustrating when you eliminate 3 boxers on the first ball just to see the remaining two balls drain in 5sec each...

In that way pinball is an analogy of life: You build it all up only to see it all get taken away, sometimes when you "almost had it all". For some it is taken away far too early, some manage to get it all but most of us just get some nice parts out of it and hopefully just enjoy the ride.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
this table seems a little bit harder than its real life counter part. I seem to get more up n down shots from the ramps than I remember. none the less, this table is fun, it has been on my wish list since the beginning. thanks farsight.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
I just downloaded this one today. (The first one since the AFM pack. I had to have some Whirlwind.) I've played 6-8 games and already got a nice score of over a quarter billion. I was just dinkin' around and learnin' the shots. The table is fun but, I do not think it is hard at all.

I'm gonna have fun with this one.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
get 3mill. on GENIE Dark....mehh thats what I thought! :)

I still think that goal is a mistake. Much like the mistakes they made with the high scores a while back on Elvira and NGG being swapped.
They might have been thinking of another table's scores or possible added an extra zero by mistake.

Either way I highly doubt anyone at Farsight is getting that goal without cheating.
They should just fix it already. And yeah, I know some of you guys got it legitimately, I will shed a tear for you if they make it easier. :p

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Its gotta ba a typo! or...its alot easier to get on something other then a PS3.Not to take away from those that did it, but its soo much easier/pretteir on iphone 3...the pops works and the left out is a forgivable biotch!

Baramos

Aug 18, 2013
I found out really quickly not to try and bump/tilt on this table--I have yet to do more good than bad with it. Inevitably it leads to a drain if the ball is going down the middle, and seems entirely useless at preventing it from going down the right outlane. The gap in the flippers is so tiny that it seems like 999/1000 times the tip of a flipper will get the ball so that verified not bothering to tilt.

I've had a few good games, since on average I can knock out two to three fighters and I've only played it maybe two dozen times I'd say it's pretty fair so far. I like Wizard Mode to seem obtainable but not be too easy to get to, so...

Really, I just love the table at this point.

EDIT: By the way I love the left jackpot (The Stairs). Such simple timing to send it around again and again, and when it starts doing "super, mega, ultra, turbo" or whatever (not sure what makes this kick in) instead of double, triple, etc. the score can really be racked up.

One issue I found with the table was figuring out how the jump rope worked. There doesn't seem to be any actual animation for the ball jumping. I figured out the timing eventually but it took several games because again there doesn't seem to be any real animation of the ball jumping up when you hit the flipper. If you get the timing right there's a little movement but it definitely seems like a visual glitch. But maybe I'm just not looking at it correctly?

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
One issue I found with the table was figuring out how the jump rope worked. There doesn't seem to be any actual animation for the ball jumping. I figured out the timing eventually but it took several games because again there doesn't seem to be any real animation of the ball jumping up when you hit the flipper. If you get the timing right there's a little movement but it definitely seems like a visual glitch. But maybe I'm just not looking at it correctly?

That seems to be an issue with the PS3 and 720p. Try 1080p. Of course, then you might end up with lag.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
I love this table.. it beats me down, beats me down. the ball seems more random. once in a while I am able to capture the lightning. the whole table seems random to me somehow although I am very familiar with the original machine.

Paul Petrissans

Jan 4, 2013
Yeah there's tables that are hard but entertaining (Firepower, F2k to an extent) and then there's just absurd, with this one crossing the line for me. Drains seems so random it feels like trench warfare circa 1915.

I'll come back to it at some point but so far we have bonding issues.
Haha I'm with you on that. Love Firepower, F2K, (and Gorgar) but this table is often upsetting.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The hardest goal imo, is to complete the spitting gallery. I simply can´t manage this. I fall into despair:mad:

Don't give up. For me it was a matter of just keep playing until you get lucky. And by that I mean the splitters are close enough together that it is doable. Most of the time it is near impossible but every once in a while you get the lucky draw where it is amazingly easy. But it doesn't happen often. Hang in there.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I think the spitting gallery is the only goal I just can't get. It's almost as bad as the 3,000,000 Genie goal......,almost

Members online

Members online