Bug Is it still worthwhile to post CV bugs?

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
Not sure if it's still worthwhile to post bugs to Cirqus Voltaire as there are so many already, and there have been calls to overhaul the whole thing, but I have been plagued by these and I didn't see them on Sean's master list yet:

(All bugs found on iPad 4 / 6.1.3)

- Camera does not return to plunger while exactly one ball is locked for Highwire Multiball.
Description: If one ball is locked for Highwire Multiball, and a ball needs to be plunged, the game does not change to the plunger camera. The ball can only be plunged by engaging the right flipper which plunges the ball at full strength (no opportunity for a skill shot). This does not occur when zero or two balls are locked for Highwire Multiball.
Frequency: I think 100%.

- Second ball locked for Highwire Multiball does not "settle" properly.
Description: When locking the second ball for Highwire Multiball (either traditionally or sneakily), often times the ball does not come to rest properly on the first ball that is already locked there. Often times, you'll hear the "two balls colliding" click repeatedly and the game gets stuck. A nudge to the table usually fixes this, but it's a nuisance and if you don't know to nudge the table, it's a game breaker.
Frequency: 50-80% of the time. Sometimes the ball collision click doesn't happen, sometimes it does. Sometimes the "Ball 2 Locked" animation plays on the DMD before settling the ball properly, sometimes it doesn't. This one is a bit inconsistent in its behavior, but it seems to happen more often than not.

- Camera does not move to backglass for Cannonball Run
Description: If you begin engaging the flippers too early during Cannonball Run, the camera may remain focused on the table with the action going on above your field of view. This seems like the complimentary doppleganger of Bug 07-015.
Frequency: 20% or less. I haven't seen this all the time, but it does seem to be more likely if I hit the flippers very early for Cannonball Run.

Also, I can absolutely confirm Bug 07-016 (Starting new game leaves table in attract mode). That same bug also afflicts Funhouse.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
Not sure if it's still worthwhile to post bugs to Cirqus Voltaire as there are so many already, and there have been calls to overhaul the whole thing, but I have been plagued by these and I didn't see them on Sean's master list yet:

(All bugs found on iPad 4 / 6.1.3)

- Camera does not return to plunger while exactly one ball is locked for Highwire Multiball.
Description: If one ball is locked for Highwire Multiball, and a ball needs to be plunged, the game does not change to the plunger camera. The ball can only be plunged by engaging the right flipper which plunges the ball at full strength (no opportunity for a skill shot). This does not occur when zero or two balls are locked for Highwire Multiball.
Frequency: I think 100%.

- Second ball locked for Highwire Multiball does not "settle" properly.
Description: When locking the second ball for Highwire Multiball (either traditionally or sneakily), often times the ball does not come to rest properly on the first ball that is already locked there. Often times, you'll hear the "two balls colliding" click repeatedly and the game gets stuck. A nudge to the table usually fixes this, but it's a nuisance and if you don't know to nudge the table, it's a game breaker.
Frequency: 50-80% of the time. Sometimes the ball collision click doesn't happen, sometimes it does. Sometimes the "Ball 2 Locked" animation plays on the DMD before settling the ball properly, sometimes it doesn't. This one is a bit inconsistent in its behavior, but it seems to happen more often than not.

- Camera does not move to backglass for Cannonball Run
Description: If you begin engaging the flippers too early during Cannonball Run, the camera may remain focused on the table with the action going on above your field of view. This seems like the complimentary doppleganger of Bug 07-015.
Frequency: 20% or less. I haven't seen this all the time, but it does seem to be more likely if I hit the flippers very early for Cannonball Run.

Also, I can absolutely confirm Bug 07-016 (Starting new game leaves table in attract mode). That same bug also afflicts Funhouse.

Thanks, Sean. For your Bug Hunt, today I was able to re-create all of the above more than once except for the Cannonball Run issue. (I can't freakin' get it to give me Cannonball Run as a sideshow reward :) ).

However, I do have one further note about the "Camera does not return to plunger while exactly one ball is locked for Highwire Multiball" bug. It looks like if you have one ball locked, but you also have TWO stacked lit locks (i.e. enough to lock all the remaining balls needed for Highwire Multiball), then I've gotten this bug to not occur. It seems you have to have one ball locked and you still need to be able to light one more lock for this bug to happen. Strange set of circumstances, but there you are. :)

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I thought all those bugs were in the list, I've certainly moaned about them enough over the past, what is it now? 14 or 15 months the table has been out? Sadly I've long since given up ( as Farsight seem to have ) on this table and was shocked to see it in the current tourney.

Members online

Members online