Request Missing "replay" animation + jackpot multipliers

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Something small I noticed in Whitewater was that there actually IS a replay animation (discovered in the colorDMD video someone posted). It shows Bigfoot jumping into flowing water, and has he makes contact, the knocker sounds. In TPA, it just seems to whack without us knowing.

Also, I'm pretty sure that 5x Whitewater Jackpots can be multiplied. I've seen quite a few people get a 5x 3x Jackpot. Is this an early ROM revision?

sellenoff

FarSight Programmer
Aug 17, 2012
Something small I noticed in Whitewater was that there actually IS a replay animation (discovered in the colorDMD video someone posted). It shows Bigfoot jumping into flowing water, and has he makes contact, the knocker sounds. In TPA, it just seems to whack without us knowing.

Also, I'm pretty sure that 5x Whitewater Jackpots can be multiplied. I've seen quite a few people get a 5x 3x Jackpot. Is this an early ROM revision?

We use the the most recent ones from IPDB, which for WW is L5 IIRC.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
The 10X and 15X Jackpots were taken out in later production releases. The multiball jackpot scoring is unbalanced enough without them. So if you have 5X Playfield running when multiball starts, double and triple jackpots have no effect...until the 5X Playfield timer runs out, at which point the jackpots should return to double or triple depending on how many of the initial Waterfall shots you made.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Ah, ok. I just remember hearing that the 5x double / triple jackpots were put in very early in the game, but, you make a good point.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Yeah, 15x jackpots were removed. I suspect the replay animatin might be in a home version rom. Only the latest arcade version is used for the emulation, since this is The Pinball Arcade. :)

sellenoff

FarSight Programmer
Aug 17, 2012
Do all the Roms come from file sharing? I would have thought you'd get then direct from the original companies.

You would think so, but in fact we get NOTHING from them! We even have to download the manuals if it didn't come with the game they bought. Frankly I've been very disappointed at the lack of help we get from them. The one single exception is Stern who allowed us to have a conference call once for me to ask some questions, although in the end I never got the answers to my questions, sigh.. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.