Attack from Mars: side plastics look odd when they flash

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
The side plastics on Attack from Mars--I mean the longish plastic piece elevated above the playfield in the middle of either side, with a plastic Martian and Martian artwork on top--look odd when they flash, which occurs during specific events such as locking a ball. At these times, they appear to be swapping to a texture with different art on it entirely, rather than an illuminated version of the normal, non-flashing artwork.

You can see this for instance at 47:00 in the PSNation video of the (pre-launch) PS4 version--but I've seen this in the PS3 version as well.

This illustration doesn't show the problem in action, just the location in which it takes place (see the linked video above for the bug in action):

upkq.jpg

Last edited:

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
I've noticed this too sometimes on other platforms (android) but it happens so fast I don't know what I'm looking at. Just makes my brain pause and go WTF before setting the weirdness aside and continuing the game.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Happens on the PC and I *think* the iOS version as well... at least, on my iPad 3 (I think). I've definitely seen it happen on more than one platform.

Members online

Members online