Worst Video Mode Ever

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I'm going to have to go back to CBW. I'd forgotten how truly atrocious the video MODEs - plural - are in this game.

In Video Mode 1 you have 3 seconds, with no clues, to pick a card at random from 3 and you might get a very bad DMD rendition of "Elvis" for 20M, a moose for 10M, a cactus cowboy for 5M, or a steaming pile of cow excrement for 0.

In Video Mode 2 you have to catch 4 randomly falling balls in a notch you can move left or right. Most of the time, the randomly falling ball appears so far away from where the notch is, there's no way to catch it. I'm not sure how many points you get for all 4, I've only ever caught the first 2 (2M & 5M).

The table loves to "award" you these video modes, and will spam you with call-outs to shoot the ramp to start them. Even worse, the ramp is essential to getting big scores in the game and you can't avoid them.

Blech.

You are correct. CBW is now the worst video mode in the game. Harley Davidson does require some amount of reflex although you can learn the pattern. It still makes no sense why pedestrians are walking in a highway and why you need to kill them which keeps it the most unethical and immoral video mode but the steaming pile of crap you get in CBW is about right for what those video modes are.

Ronwell_Pudding

Apr 7, 2014
This is one of the worst tables in the collection. Don't understand why it's even here. Another uninspired "for marketing only" table from Stern. The video mode is terrible. Once I get the extra ball I just wait for a crash on all subsequent video modes. Getting all 16 cities is a major pain in the ass which wouldn't be so bad if this game was any good. Looks like a design from the early 80's not the late 90's except with all the Stern cheese and lack of innovation. Besides people in the lobby of Harley Davidson headquarters who gives a **** about this crap table? It's sad to think about all the great tables out there that were skipped over for this total POS.

War Bot

Jul 29, 2015
First play through I was kinda blinded by high scoring, but as I went on and on I noticed something, It's to easy. And by that I mean everything, Shots to get into a mode, The shots in a mode, Extra Ball shots, everything top to bottom is frankly spoon fed to yeah. My hand was getting tired from the long gameplay, after a while I got bored, never a good sign. one of my least fav tables and The constant Video distractions make it very skippable

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I'm just not a big fan of video modes in general.

Me either Kratos3, all Video Modes frustrate me. I finish T2 regularly, but it was one of the first Video Modes and pretty easy. The rest are befaffling (befuddled + baffled) to me.

Video Mode is the reason that I'll never finish all the Wizard Goals on AFM. I think the highest saucer count in my life was 9 of them.

I was born and raised on EM pinball machines. I have always horribly failed at any video games, plus there was no replay for a high score.

Cheers to all those who can play video games. That's why I'm so thankful for TPA. :)

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I have always horribly failed at any video games, plus there was no replay for a high score.

Cheers to all those who can play video games. That's why I'm so thankful for TPA. :)

Technically, TPA is a video game. They snuck that one right under ya huh Frank? Congratulations, you're now one of us.

One of us. One of us.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.