Aug 12, 2012
1512206_680256588662071_1964322923_o.jpg

1553062_680256575328739_1916193004_o.jpg

1008236_680256568662073_1282767159_o.jpg

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Season Three is shaping up to be the best season yet...can't wait to see what Black Rose looks like on the PS4.

N

netizen

I know most everyone likes to view the playfield in portrait mode, so I tried something different now that the table has been officially announced. I stitched together a bunch of screenshots from table explore mode to give full view of the playfield; there's one extra back button by the L Flipper but it doesn't really impact the viewing of things.

Black Rose Explored 9.72 MB PNG

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I have to say this isn't one of my all time favorites, I would have loved to see Red & Ted's Roadshow. But back to point I remember playing this in a bowling alley near me, I liked it a lot and the Video Modes and shooting the Cannon were my favorite part of this game. I will say I'm very happy they are bringing this game, I will buy it on all four of my systems starting with my IPad 3 first of course. But like PinWiz said, I to can't wait to see this on Playstation 4 nice lighting on this one. Ok Farsight if you read this and if you have one please do Red & Ted's Roadshow next, my birthday is on February 24, and for some weird reason I have had that game on my mind. If not then maybe Junkyard, or Rollercoaster Tycoon, of course if you actually have the Pinball Machines their. But as I always say I will take any pinball machine from the mid 80's up until now, Thank You guys very much, and everybody on the forum to.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I know most everyone likes to view the playfield in portrait mode, so I tried something different now that the table has been officially announced. I stitched together a bunch of screenshots from table explore mode to give full view of the playfield; there's one extra back button by the L Flipper but it doesn't really impact the viewing of things.

Black Rose Explored 9.72 MB PNG

Nice job...hope we can get that view for all tables on Android devices relatively soon.

night

May 18, 2012
What a truckload of orange environmental light.. like someone put an orange filter in front of the camera. First pink, now orange. All the rest looks great.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
What a truckload of orange environmental light.. like someone put an orange filter in front of the camera. First pink, now orange. All the rest looks great.

What are you talking about!. The majority of the table is either a brown, orange or redish colour so of course your going to get a orange glow from the table. I sometimes think a lot of members here have never stood at a real pinball table in the wild, ie in a poorly lit arcade or bar!.

On another note, is this the next table then as I thought BK2000 was going to be?

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
What are you talking about!. The majority of the table is either a brown, orange or redish colour so of course your going to get a orange glow from the table. I sometimes think a lot of members here have never stood at a real pinball table in the wild, ie in a poorly lit arcade or bar!.

FarSight is not in the business for emulating poorly lit pups. That this table has a lot of orange and reddish color on it's playfield has nothing to do with the environmental light, which is in this case: very orange. All chrome-work is orange colored now because of this, makes it VERY dirty and muddy in tone. It can be easily solved by fixing the environmental light. It will make the final result so much better, as the overall artwork is just very nice.

Here, take this VP image for example, it has more simplistic artwork, but the metal/blue and green color-tones look fresh, this is how it should be like: http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/4893/blackrosem.jpg

It really is an easy fix, but the graphic team that does the console/PC version always struggles with the environmental lighting somehow. We have seen the pink period, and I think we can expect the orange period. The Android screenshots look much better in their colors.

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
Instead of VP, might as well compare to the real thing...which actually looks quite orange :)

No it does not. Does the metal work look orange to you? Does the blue colored sky on the playfield look muddy in tone? Compare that to TPA's version Jeff. You screenshot shows exactly how the colors should be like. Look at the wall behind the pin, you see the environmental light is not orange, if it was, then everything is covered in an orange wash, like TPA's screenshots are. Compare the console screens with the Android to see the difference as well.
Again, it should be an easy fix. But a pitty if they leave it like this.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The middle rail looks orange near the top and middle...the rest doesn't though.

You're right about the blues, but keep in mind that Farsight is gong for darker ambient lighting....Farsight's room is darker than the room in that picture, so naturally the playfield isn't going to be as vibrant.

Does the blue in this video looked washed out to you? :) ...obviously this is a much darker room lighting, but the point is that the playfield colors are going to be darker as the room gets darker.

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
Jeff, I do a lot of 2D and 3D artwork, I know what happens when environmental lighting changes. Your vid is of course a very different example, exellent for a night modus. Zaccaria does a lot of dim light environmental artwork (they even do night modus), but it succeeds to keep it's color not covered in an ooze of blue, pink or orange very well.
But if everbody is happy with the colors, then there is no problem, right? :)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Lighter room and LEDs, but you you can see the playfield colors are nowhere near as bright as the pic I posted above:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Jeff, I do a lot of 2D and 3D artwork, I know what happens when environmental lighting changes. Your vid is of course a very different example, exellent for a night modus. Zaccaria does a lot of dim light environmental artwork, but it succeeds to keep it's color not covered in an ooze of blue, pink or orange very well.
But if everbody is happy with the colors, then there is no problem, right? :)

Well, everyone may not be entirely happy, but I don't think most people are as picky as you. :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.