HighSpeed by Williams

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
The pair of tables might be a little awkward from a business point of view. Getaway would sell fine, but doing it first would really cramp later sales of High Speed. High Speed needs to come first, but can it sell enough alone without a second table filling in the table pack? Or would folks wait for Getaway instead? Not sure.

Doing them together in a table pack would be awesome for the fans, but probably doesn't make business sense, twice the work for what wouldn't be twice the sales.
I remember them specifically saying they want to release HS1 before Getaway. Also, let's not forget the licensed song (La Grange by ZZ Top) that's in Getaway, making it more difficult to acquire proper licenses.

budtki@verizon.net

Aug 20, 2012
i am 100% with you!

When will HighSpeed be available?
i love this machine one of my absolute favorites and it is a million times better then "the duel", i think the table is just simply called highspeed and the backglass pictures two state troopers looking through their windshield at what i think is a red ferrari, i love this gamei can't say it enough, and it was kind of a let down when this website ran a few polls to see what some of us thought were the best machines and if i remember correctly "the duel" had better results....totally bummed because i didn't enjoy "the duel" as compared to countless hours i spent playing "highspeed", i would gladly pay a premium price for highspeed as well as "the simpsons", "the comet", "cyclone"...

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
I always think about that with Whirlwind. Having a connected USB Fan on top of the display being started when the the storm is coming :)

I remember reading about someone at one of the pinball expos who had hooked up a leaf blower as the topper to a Whirlwind. Now you really can "Feel The Power Of The Wind!" :)

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I remember them specifically saying they want to release HS1 before Getaway. Also, let's not forget the licensed song (La Grange by ZZ Top) that's in Getaway, making it more difficult to acquire proper licenses.

Don't forget the James Woods likeness as the driver in the ball lock 2 animation.. (not really)

oqvist

Nov 23, 2013
Funny you should say that considering HS1 has about a 90% similar layout to HSII.

Victory is completely different. Just having a car theme (and a different car theme; open-wheel racing vs. police pursuit) doesn't make it similar.

the design of ramps and all parts in the same place do though. Though on victory the left upperflipper is on the right :)

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
the design of ramps and all parts in the same place do though. Though on victory the left upperflipper is on the right :)

No but seriously, they are nothing alike. Please stop trying to defend yourself as it's obvious you've never played High Speed.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
No but seriously, they are nothing alike. Please stop trying to defend yourself as it's obvious you've never played High Speed.

Oh c'mon, they could be twin! Just look...

1235235_624854957551359_1136801077_n.jpg

...they both have flippers at the bottom, they launch from the right, and uh, well you have to see it, right? So what if HS has loop shots, no drop targets, multiball, is an incredible flow table, and lacks an upper playfield with two flippers. Those things are minor! If I squint hard enough, I can barely tell them apart.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Nup. It's too cheap for being something you can just put together and it'll work... I'm guessing there's more to it than what he's saying. Otherwise he would've fixed it up already himself.

I always think about that with Whirlwind. Having a connected USB Fan on top of the display being started when the the storm is coming :)
I don't have that luxury... only time I get that effect is if a friend is nearby, then I just ask them to blow on my face when it's appropriate.

ahem

I remember reading about someone at one of the pinball expos who had hooked up a leaf blower as the topper to a Whirlwind. Now you really can "Feel The Power Of The Wind!" :)
Voila!

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Well, I reckon FS are sticking to the pattern of working through the user polls for Williams and Bally for this release. The end of Season 2 was the top-rated Gottys in descending order. Now I think what they're doing is #1 Williams, #1 Bally, #2 Williams, #2 Bally... The #2 Williams is The Getaway. So we might see one of them soon, if my theory holds.

They might surprise me, though!

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Well, I reckon FS are sticking to the pattern of working through the user polls for Williams and Bally for this release. The end of Season 2 was the top-rated Gottys in descending order. Now I think what they're doing is #1 Williams, #1 Bally, #2 Williams, #2 Bally... The #2 Williams is The Getaway. So we might see one of them soon, if my theory holds.

They might surprise me, though!

Maybe the top 2-3 but wasn't whodunit #6 and bk2k # 9 or something like that?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012

I'll agree on theme and the use of red on the bottom third of the playfield. But for me, they don't play anything alike. Lots of pauses on Victory, while High Speed is frantic. Shots feel very different to me as well.

If they do make High Speed, I hope the camera views are better than they are on Victory. The iOS camera views suck on that one. Three that are way too high and one that is too low. (Why I rarely play it)

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Victory would be called "low-speed" if made by Williams. For a car theme it reminds me of the thrill and excitement that could only be captured by the elderly on a freeway.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.