PS3 Tournament just started

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
CC is so F'd UP! why is it in the tournament? and BK as a sub? there weren't any other tables besides it? worst tournament so far.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Not only that. EXTRA BALLS MUST BE TURNED OFF!!! PERIOD!

A funny thing happened to me this past night.

I entered the tournament and started a game on BK. Worst score ever: 210K. I started another game right after, and one more, and one more, and one more. I played during more than 30 minutes, and my best score was 1.9M.

So I checked the table leaderboards and my listed score was still the first one (210K), done more than 30 minutes ago.

I thought: "OMG! This is great! We can only submit the first score! Only one try and that's all! Like IRL. Greaaat!"

I launched a game on ToM, thinking this will be my only chance to reach a good score. Only one attempt. Fellas, it was so good, so intense. I was happy to score anything, even a 50 million theatre shot.

I ended that game with a weak 2 billions, but man, I enjoyed so much this game.

But the dream ended when I saw that the leaderboards have finally been updated. :(

It's like before: you can submit as much scores as you want, you have an infinite amount of attempt.

So, more than turn off extra balls (but it will be good too), only ONE try on each table would be so much better for the interest of a tournament. You could practice as much as you want, but only one attempt to post a score.

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
CC is so F'd UP! why is it in the tournament? and BK as a sub? there weren't any other tables besides it? worst tournament so far.

^ THIS. Seriously, those are two of the worst tables in the entire collection. Thank god they didn't add Genie to the list!! :p

Perhaps they are forcing us to play them in the tourney, so that when the long awaited Mega-Super-Awesome-Uber-Patch is released sometime in 2017, we'll remember how bad those tables "used to be" before they were fixed! :rolleyes:

maezun

Jul 21, 2013
Does anyone know if BoP goes past 10 billion??? I'm currently in a game and I'm at 12bil - if it doesn't go past 10bil I'm gonna freak! Been sat here for ages!! :mad:

nstalkie

Jun 30, 2013
Last time I checked I was 4th in the silver tournament after playing a bit for 2 evenings. Going to take a break and not go full out hunting for that number 1 spot this time though. Just going to check periodically to see if I still qualify for gold level.

I agree with "BoP should never be in any tournament". Too random.
I don't know what exactly is so messed up with BK and CC. I have played a real BK once, but don't remember much from it (YEAAAAAARS ago). CC was a table I didn't own yet, played a couple of games and got a score that ended up in top 10. You know the deal, you are new to a pinball and you get a freak score during one of your first plays of it -> that's what happened here.
Experienced slowdown on ToM as well.

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
Got the ToM slowdown during multiball last night.

BK is even worse that I remember it being. That's the one table I go back to my W:pHOF disc for, I cannot stand the TPA version. Biggest issue for me is the obscured upper left flipper in any of my preferred views. Kind of hard to lock the ball when you can't see the dang flipper!! The physics are terrible, the graphics are incredibly fuzzy and lo-res, it's just a loser all around. Which is sad, because it's one of my favorite older tables IRL.

nstalkie

Jun 30, 2013
3rd overall in Silver. Had my best game ever going on Scared Stiff. I scored around 590.000.000 if I remember correct, which landed me firmly in the #1 spot (#2 had something in the 400.000.000 range). I should have known better than to start playing that table when it's late in the evening, while I'm tired and have to work the next day. Games on this table take me a lot of time and this one was just brutal. At the end my brain couldn't follow anymore. Taking a break wasn't an option because it was getting so late :)
Still sad that it doesn't post your score on your local leaderboard and on the global leaderboards. The last time I played in tournament, I beated a lot of my scores as well.

Also played some Bride of Pinbot before that, but couldn't beat my previous high score of 4.500.000.000.

I think I'll take a break now from the pinball madness and check periodically if I still qualify for Gold.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I just tried my see my final rank and it says I did not participate? Anyone else having issues?

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Yeah it looks like its over (early again?) and the results haven't been tallied yet. Don't worry, this has happened before, give it some time and the results will show up and you'll be there.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Yeah it looks like its over (early again?)

Maybe a blessing in disguise. Midlevel players like me that freed up their Saturday with the intent of putting in hours and hours posting massive scores until midnight PST *cough* will also not be able to pass me...

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
It was to finish today at 2:45 pm GMT, which would have been 4:45 am here on the west coast I believe.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
We're GMT -5 over here in Eastern time zone so that would be 9:45 AM here, which is just slightly before I logged in to look for the first time this morning. So yeah, it could have been right on time for all I know. I honestly didn't notice that the time was listed in GMT, I thought I was going to have some time to improve a couple scores this morning.

nstalkie

Jun 30, 2013
Ended 15th. Didn't go all out in this tournament, just made sure I would make it into Gold.
I did find this tournament a lot harder than the previous one ... ofcourse that was bronze level and now I was in silver level.
Gold level, here we go !

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
For Gold level I ended up 14th out of I think 26 contestants. TOUGE_KILLER (aka SKILL_SHOT) won by a good margin again (last I saw he had 790 out of a possible 800 points). Sir_Moovenstein at least gave him a little competition for the top slots on each table this time.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
For Gold level I ended up 14th out of I think 26 contestants. TOUGE_KILLER (aka SKILL_SHOT) won by a good margin again (last I saw he had 790 out of a possible 800 points). Sir_Moovenstein at least gave him a little competition for the top slots on each table this time.

I finished 23rd, the last place to still stay in gold! That's all I was gunnin' for. As for the top score, Sir Moovenstein actually should have been closer. There were 3 tables I believe where TOUGE somehow took 1st AND 2nd, meaning Moovenstein lost out on the second place points while instead getting the 3rd place. Very weird that happened, and ultimately doesn't change the outcome, but would alter the disparity in points between the two.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
I finished 23rd, the last place to still stay in gold! That's all I was gunnin' for. As for the top score, Sir Moovenstein actually should have been closer. There were 3 tables I believe where TOUGE somehow took 1st AND 2nd, meaning Moovenstein lost out on the second place points while instead getting the 3rd place. Very weird that happened, and ultimately doesn't change the outcome, but would alter the disparity in points between the two.

yeah, the point system was outta whack for some reason.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012

Yeah there's definitely some weird things that happen in the point system. I saw those duplicate scores in the list but I didn't realize they actually affected the points other people got. It also seemed like the overall point totals for most of us were overstated, I mean we all had well over 500 points which shouldn't be possible. I didn't bother adding them up but the overall total didn't seem to line up with what we had on the individual tables. It was like it was based on where our scores placed out of all competitors rather than just gold. I don't think it had an bearing on the placement though.

FWIW the all-time rankings still show things out of order too.

Members online

Members online