10M+ Jackpot Wizard Goal

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I don't really get this goal. I have been able to push the jackpot over 10M but I am not sure if I have actually scored it afterwards. I can't really understand what, during a multiball, that actually lights it.

However, at some point the jackpot seems to reset to 5M again without me stopping the game, do the quit/resume etc. What else would reset the jackpot? Has anyone else had problems with this, or actually cleared this goal?

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Good to know. I didn't bother with the instructions and scored 9 million easy but couldn't get the pot built up after.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
It's carried over from game to, rank it over a few games before collecting the jackpot.

Yeah, that is how it is supposed to be behaving at least.

But how is the jackpot really collected then? I just played a game and had about 8M jackpot and suddenly it was back to 5M again - in the same game. I don't recall shooting it up the left ramp or hearing/seeing "Jackpot lit" or "Jackpot!". I.e. what should one avoid shooting at in order not to collect the jackpot?

I think there is a bug lurking here...

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Is it possible to collect the jackpot during 2-ball multiball or only during 3-ball? The instructions aren't really clear on how this actually works...

Eegah

May 12, 2013
It's a fairly common reward from either Polly or the cannon, cant remember which though.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Actually, the instructions were quite clear. Jackpot cannot be collected during multiball so one has to go for the cannon awards.

And, yes, there is a bug. Collecting the special will reset the jackpot to 5M.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Jackpot is lit as a random award, or lit by completing all center shot awards. When they are all solid, you will get light jackpot for your next middle shot. Collect at left ramp.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Just as a side note: I found this rulesheet http://www.ipdb.org/rulesheets/313/blackrose-rulesheet-new.htm which states that the Jackpot can be build up to a maximum of 30M. I don't know if this is in the TPA rules (haven't got my device with me). There is no mention of the special-jackpot reset bug, so that may be a TPA specific thing. It does state however that the Jackpot will reset itself to 5M after a week on the real machine. I don't know if the one is connected to the other (doesn't seem likely). Also, when playing with more players in one game, there are some quirky ROM things, so that may best be avoided.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
thx for mention of JP reset bug after special - got tied of this "9+M JP and reset!!?? WTF??!!"
my lovely, FS.. loved so deeply.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
None of the video modes were cooperating, so i had ot light the jackpot the hard way.

I get the ball into the cannon, and take the safe and lit shot on aiming for the lock lane.

I could in no way tell that the special was lit, because the lights for cannon mode were overriding it.

As soon as i see the ball go it there. breakthrough special animation for 0 points. Jackpot (which was high enough before) goes back to 5 million!

I had been avoiding that special all game, and now it was lit when I couldn't even see it.

F*CK THAT JACKPOT SPECIAL RESET BUG!

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Getting jackpot lit is way easier than racking it up to 10 M. Good to know about the Special „bug“.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Yeah, this goal is more a grind than a skill goal. Which kind of destroys the point - a shame.

Ronwell_Pudding

Apr 7, 2014
Still broken eh? Showing a lot of pride in their work as usual. Put out a new table with one of the goals broken and just let ride. Sounds like Farside to me. So lame.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Still broken eh? Showing a lot of pride in their work as usual. Put out a new table with one of the goals broken and just let ride. Sounds like Farside to me. So lame.

Sounds like a glitch in the original software, to be honest. I think Farsight have fixed that kind of thing in the past, but it's not easy.

*edit* it actually might be intended functionality. If you get the special then nix the jackpot. Can't have players getting too many good things in one game.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
According to the instructions within TPA, Special scores 10M+Jackpot. Instead, it scores 0. So if Special is supposed to collect the current Jackpot, then it makes sense that collecting Special resets the Jackpot value.

I guess if you went into the Pro menu and altered Special to EB then the issue would go away, but then you wouldn't be able to collect the goal.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
It's a silly feature anyway. Two ships nets you the same points as the absolute maximum value of the jackpot, so it's pretty worthless.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.