Farsight talks to the BBC

karl

May 10, 2012
Gary Stern seems fond of Farsight and the potential there but if he ends up hanging up his hat for good, there may be a different perspective. George Gomez is a top person there and he does not seem to hold a favorable outlook on any digital pinball.

More like Gary is the smooth ambassador talker and Farsight is bringing him money so he plays nice. The recent interview with Gomez was more like him saying that nothing can replace a real pinball machine. Does not mean that he dislikes digital pinball, is my guess. I am sure Gary feels the same.

karl

May 10, 2012
I'm pretty sure the physical releases are betas as well. Have you played the Metallica code recently? The half-mil "random" bonus is a load of crap.

I reckon he's had enough... it looks like he's straight off the set of Wall Street in all the promo pics he's in! For example:
1cERYgZl.jpg

Whatever it was that he did in the 80s, I don't care. Hell, even today he's still designing amazing tables. Can't wait for his next one!

I barely resisted doing some photo editing there, with that beautiful "mirror" like playfield glass ;)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
More like Gary is the smooth ambassador talker and Farsight is bringing him money so he plays nice. The recent interview with Gomez was more like him saying that nothing can replace a real pinball machine. Does not mean that he dislikes digital pinball, is my guess. I am sure Gary feels the same.

That's how I see it too. Why have a problem with digital pinball? It isn't really competition for the real thing. As much as all of us in here love digital pinball, you know we'd rather be playing the real deal.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
I love digital pinball. Love it love it love it. I can play it sitting on the toilet, I can play it in the middle of the night.

Today I turned down a real MM at £5.5K cos I just can't justify ever spending that on a pin. Ok I expect some of you think I an crazy and maybe it was a steal. But that's a lot of dough. I can play MM for free all night, on the toilet, *and* I'll get a better score

One day I hope they will release a new real pin and it's digital version at the same time. If they do, I am certain it will positively influence the sales of the real thing

karl

May 10, 2012
Are you saying that there was illegal substances involved back then? :eek:

I seem to remember that Sgt. Pepper was removed from a "Best album of all time" list because Paul might not have been completely clean when recording it. Got a big laugh out of that. Poor Paul! I am glad he was the only one to do stuff like that back then;)

karl

May 10, 2012
I love digital pinball. Love it love it love it. I can play it sitting on the toilet, I can play it in the middle of the night.

Today I turned down a real MM at £5.5K cos I just can't justify ever spending that on a pin. Ok I expect some of you think I an crazy and maybe it was a steal. But that's a lot of dough. I can play MM for free all night, on the toilet, *and* I'll get a better score

One day I hope they will release a new real pin and it's digital version at the same time. If they do, I am certain it will positively influence the sales of the real thing

Not that crazy, Dan. I just sold mine. Played that table for countless hours on TPA but the real thing, although a good machine, was not worth that kind of money for me. The prices is bound to drop in a year when the reprods are hitting so wait a year if you change your mind. (PS! Just checked the British pound value to compare your offer on that MM. Boy is it strong at the moment. I better not order anything from the UK in a while)

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Are you saying that there was illegal substances involved back then? :eek:

I seem to remember that Sgt. Pepper was removed from a "Best album of all time" list because Paul might not have been completely clean when recording it. Got a big laugh out of that. Poor Paul! I am glad he was the only one to do stuff like that back then;)

Maybe just a little :D

...and poor Paul is right!

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I guess you never listened to any music from the 60’s and 70’s? :D

I think pinball is different. It's an engineering task as well as a creative one. You can't really see someone designing a plane while high (pun not intended), whereas I imagine the part of the brain that creates music is less... hindered.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.