Votes: 20 14.8%
  • Black Hole

Votes: 17 12.6%
  • Theatre of Magic

Votes: 66 48.9%

• Total voters

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
A crusty dusty thread, from the days when there were only four tables.

Okay, putting myself back in 2012, at that point I would probably have voted for TotAN, it was the table that bit me and got me into TPA in the first place.

But today, of those four, I would vote for ToM. Especially with the recent retuning, it's still a bit too easy but it's less floaty than before, and the rules, shots and vibe are just a lot of fun.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I love the "feel" of Black Hole, but after you have done everything/gotten all of the goals, it starts to feel like a lot of grinding. You could say this for any SS game I guess, but for some reason, maybe it's the wide body and the way it's tuned by FarSight for long ball times, I don't play this one as much as some of the more challenging SS games in TPA like Gorgar.

Cyberleader63

Banned
Mar 28, 2014
I remember in the early 80’s when arcades started having less and less pinball tables and more video games.
But this table was one of the few tables that was still available because it was so good.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I'd love to see a Black Hole machine in real life. I have also heard that Haunted House is a lot of fun in real life, but the TPA version is just grueling to me.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I love the "feel" of Black Hole, but after you have done everything/gotten all of the goals, it starts to feel like a lot of grinding. You could say this for any SS game I guess, but for some reason, maybe it's the wide body and the way it's tuned by FarSight for long ball times, I don't play this one as much as some of the more challenging SS games in TPA like Gorgar.

BH ended up being my favorite of the launch titles. Hopefully FarSight will get to emulating it.

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
RBIN was my favorite, and still is my favorite out of all of them. I'd have to say, right now, that both TOTAN and TOM are in second for me, with Black Hole being third. Back then though TOTan would have been second with TOM being third, because the physics were worse then and it was a hard table.

GET

May 1, 2016
Black hole doesn't really get that much love here, but it's in my top 5 gottliebs and that lower play field is still really cool 😎

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.