Lost mine kickout = drain

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
When the ball gets kicked out of the lost mine and you do nothing it goes from the right plunger up half way around the rock and then back and bounces off the two lane posts straight down the right outlane. 100% reproducible. This is very annoying, as I am no big fan of nudging.

Is this like the rt or a bug?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Any machine that has a kicker (such as this, TAF, or TZ) or magnet (TOTAN, RBION) anywhere near or above the flippers has the potential of unfairly sending your ball down the drain IRL, but it's rare for it to do it so often.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Potential would be good, but here its dead certain. It always does the same pling plong drain move. So the physics seem to work without any randomness.

N

netizen

When the ball gets kicked out of the lost mine and you do nothing it goes from the right plunger up half way around the rock and then back and bounces off the two lane posts straight down the right outlane. 100% reproducible. This is very annoying, as I am no big fan of nudging.

have you tried holding the R Flipper up when it kicks out?

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013

Exactly like the real table. I once played a real-life Whitewater to test this out, and it did instantly drain.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Right, so don't do nothing. Hold the right flipper to scoop the ball up into the inlane. That's what you're supposed to do on both a real Whitewater machine and TPA.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Yep, hold the right flipper up and the ball rolls up the right inlane, then back down the right inlane to the flipper. Infinitely repeatable, I've never had it fail. Make sure the 'Spot River' lamp is lit on the right inlane to collect 2 'River' letters! This is the technique to racking up enormous Whirlpool scores, and an easy River Class VI, with the other ball cradled in the left flipper. Right inlane->No Way Out->Bigfoot Bluff/Whirlpool is ridiculously easy.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Thanks! I tried to catch the right moment... but just holding it sounds fair.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Still think it's a table tuning bug. Played ww a lot theese days and every time the ball goes into that passage behind boulder garden - be it from a mjne kickout or the normal way - it does the exact same drain move. Bounce from the fiht post to the slingshot post to the outlane. Always.
Never happened to me on the real table and it is not seen on any video footage of the rt.
Only way to avoid it is by nudging, which I don't like.
It makes no sense that this is on purpose. The designers could have made the passage a second outlane then...

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Still think it's a table tuning bug. Played ww a lot theese days and every time the ball goes into that passage behind boulder garden - be it from a mjne kickout or the normal way - it does the exact same drain move. Bounce from the fiht post to the slingshot post to the outlane. Always.
Never happened to me on the real table and it is not seen on any video footage of the rt.
Only way to avoid it is by nudging, which I don't like.
It makes no sense that this is on purpose. The designers could have made the passage a second outlane then...

Helpful thread. Was just having this exact problem. I agree with you.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
On real life, either cradling it OR dead bouncing it is usually the right thing to do. depends on the machine.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
On real life, either cradling it OR dead bouncing it is usually the right thing to do. depends on the machine.

Cradling seemed the right way to go on this one - I'd say about 25% of the time I was getting it to exhibit that TPA-like behavior, the rest of the time the ball came out over the left side of the slingshot harmlessly.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013

I kinda try both at same time on the one I usually play. Hold up left flipper and nudge table little to the left. If I don't catch the ball it usually bounces over to left flipper. But sometimes I get that roll up the inlane to drain down rhe oulane. That kickout is always stressful for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.