What is the most overrated table in TPA?

Father Time

Apr 21, 2013
A lot of tables gets hyped around these parts and which do you think is the most overrated.

I was going to pick the Twilight Zone first because everyone thinks it's one of the best tables ever and I just think it's way too hard and I hate the fact that my ball can drain in 1 second and the table doesn't save it. Maybe it'd be better if I understood any of the references. I have seen the Twilight Zone but I'm fairly certain I haven't seen any of the episodes it's referencing, except maybe the one with the rocket. Certainly not the gumball machine, or camera, or the piano etc.

But my pick is WhiteWater. I just don't understand the appeal. At all. Twilight Zone is good but it'd be a lot more fun if it were more forgiving but Whitewater I just don't see anything and I really enjoy actual white water rafting. And when I play it just seems like it makes random grunts and "ow"s for no reason.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
I don't think it is a matter of overrated, it is a matter of taste.
Partially it is but if you can provide serious reasons for your judgement then you might have a point.

If I'm asked for overrated then I need the rating first. IPDP? Pinside?

BS isn't highly rated. It's rather underrated if you take ipdb as a reference. Slick Chick (a bumper yard with a gobble hole) is overrated. There are many good and complex EMs but Slick Chick isn't one of them. 3 inch flippers are more fun to play and thus the shorter ones disappeared from the market. Same happened with gobble holes.

2 newer ones (ipdb rating):
RBION is underrated, imho. It has a complex ruleset and a wide variety of shots and the story of travelling is well presented. The skill shot is too dominant in the scoring.
EATPM is overrated. There are only 2 ramp shots worth to play and if EBs are restricted then you are left with the left one. Elvira's humor is mostly absent.

Last edited:

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
When I discovered the tz table I loved it, I'm a huge fan of the tz series.
I was still wondering where the gumball machine came from because I didn't remember it.
Well, it doesn't refer to any episode and was created for the pinball game...
But I'm off topic.
Overrated table for me?
Scared stiff. Looks good, sounds good but too repetitive and too easy...

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
I love em all. all of them. even star trek (which I truly suk at). but I will defend gorgar and big shot until my last drop of blood leaves my body.

Father Time

Apr 21, 2013
What wrong with medieval madness?

I love those pins and have no problem starting a mob against you and whatnot but I think you should be given a chance to speak.

Plus it'll give me a chance to set up my catapult.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
*puts up flame shield*
*hires bodyguard*
*calls riot police*

I think that the most overrated will be TAF if it ever comes :D

On a serious note, I also think that it is more "like it or not" case. When I don't like a table IRL after a few game for whatever reasons I don't put money in it anymore and it stays in "don't like" group. But in TPA with infinte tries on the sam table I started to like almost all of them that I didn't like at first. Sure, I still have favourites and those that don't like much (but still play them from time to time) but the point is that the gap between like and dislike isn't that big anymore and that a lot of those from dislike side came to like side or at least, closer to like side.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
For me it's White Water. I like it more since playing it more and understanding the rule set though.

Big Shot is not far behind. I just don't get why so many people here think it's so much fun.

BK2K and MM are in my top 3.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
For me it is STTNG all the way. Great theme, great voice work, but I hate the gameplay. Just not fun to play at all. Can't see the outlanes with those stupid cannons in the way. Ball lock shot is nearly impossible on iOS (for me at least), flippers seem too small or the gap is too big (something feels off there), and one of the better strategies is to let modes time out. No thanks.
I like the real pin so much more.
But what do I know?

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
T2. If it wasn't for the "now or never" licensing, I don't know if there would have really been that much urgency for it. Not sure if it is overrated since nobody really seems to love it and the demand wasn't that high before it came out.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
What wrong with medieval madness?

I love those pins and have no problem starting a mob against you and whatnot but I think you should be given a chance to speak.

Plus it'll give me a chance to set up my catapult.

It's just never... clicked. After hours of play, attempting to like it, it just lacks that something that makes me play game after game.

Wish I could pinpoint it for a better argument.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
T2. If it wasn't for the "now or never" licensing, I don't know if there would have really been that much urgency for it. Not sure if it is overrated since nobody really seems to love it and the demand wasn't that high before it came out.

I'll agree with that - I really don't like T2 that much. That goes for the real-life table as well so it's not just the TPA version.

I agree that when/if TAF ever arrives, it's also going high on this list, not that I don't like TAF, but I like it a lot less than a bunch of other tables.

I will however hear no more bad words about White Water. Any more and I'll set Bigfoot on y'all.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts