Best Android Tables

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I'm off on vacation next week and I want to take some pinball with me... sadly there's no room in the car for luggage and a real pinball table (which I sadly don't have anyway), so I'm stuck with my tablet, an 8" Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.0.

Now as much as I like TOTAN, I'd like to have some variety. I'm thinking I can justify buying a couple of tables. I don't need the Pro versions (got those all on Steam), I just wanna play.

Which tables play best on Android? I've found nudging to be tricky at best so I'd rather avoid tables that require constant ball re-direction (sorry HRC...).

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
On tablet because of the smallish screen (that could just be my old eyes) I prefer to play tables that I am more familiar with IE played the real table or have played a lot of hours on. also on tablet I prefer older less complicated tables.
My choice would of course include PinBot. Space Shuttle. If your choice of table comes down to cost then play the free versions first on your tablet to find your preferred table/s to buy.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
After some probs with the flipper during multiball on my 10" Acer, I've buy the 12.2" Samsung. Great pic of TPA, nice performance : that is it for my old eye's. Playing clear without glases 😊
Btw I hate the auto correction some times...

Back to your question:
Download all table, have a look, listen the music, try to play and make your choice of what YOU like. My tip: buy the session collection, because after time you want to have all

Last edited:

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
I would add Attack from mars and Fish Tales.
For me Fish Tales is the best tpa have done and feels most like the real thing. Hard but fun.

Then why not whirlwind? It's very fun and plays well and has a lot of similarities to Adams Family. And like Fish Tales, games don't have to go on forever, so they're great to pick up and play and last a long time in the long run.

Don't forget Cactus Canyon is free this month also.

CFTBL is a table I play a lot on android and IRL. MM is always fun.

You could maybe give the up nudge a try? It's easy to hit right there between the flippers and just press it when the ball is in danger. You'd be surprised how far it gets you.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I'm not really interested in season passes - I have everything on Steam so I'm just looking to get my faves. So far I'm leaning towards CftBL (which comes with BK). Tried Fun House, doesn't come off right. ToM is a possibility but nudging is essential for Trunk shots so maybe not.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
I'm not really interested in season passes - I have everything on Steam so I'm just looking to get my faves. So far I'm leaning towards CftBL (which comes with BK). Tried Fun House, doesn't come off right. ToM is a possibility but nudging is essential for Trunk shots so maybe not.
Why is it essential to nudge for trunk shots? Anyway, you should learn to nudge. Stop holding out. Do it. I dare ya. :cool:

I don't think high speed requires any nudging and it plays great on android also.
I don't think any require nudging... ???(

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Why is it essential to nudge for trunk shots?

Sometimes I accidentally shoot it when I don't mean to (as in when the hole isn't open or the magnet isn't showing, or there's no ball saver running, and I'm not in multi-ball - in other words, most of the time). Sometimes this causes the ball to start meandering down the middle of the table, almost as if that's what had been designed to happen. So I find myself wanting to re-direct the ball by non-gravitational means.

Anyway, you should learn to nudge. Stop holding out. Do it. I dare ya. :cool:

It's not nudging I'm against... it's just difficult on a tablet compared to my controller. Also it looks way cooler flicking the thumb stick around than randomly shaking your tablet for no apparent reason!

I don't think any require nudging... ???(

HS is a good example but I'm likely to avoid S3 packs since they're all single tables. S1 and S2 packs represent better value.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
No. What makes you think that you need to nudge in any table?

It's not nudging I'm against... it's just difficult on a tablet compared to my controller. Also it looks way cooler flicking the thumb stick around than randomly shaking your tablet for no apparent reason!
The shake controls are not reliable. Use the touch control for nudge. I play with my left thumb and right finger, and reach up with the right finger to nudge. Much easier and accurate. Try it.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
keep in mind that TPA on android is quite different from that on PC. All those tips'n tricks and nudging that makes it possible to play for hours doesn't work exactly the same. If at all. Everything is much harder and much more challenging than on PC.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
Ah, so it's more like playing actual pinball then, eh? :cool:
Heh, well not really. It's just the nudge isn't as powerful as PC version, and its harder to execute. I'd imagine that if you used a controller with the android it would make it easier.

offtopic:I'll be performing in Mechanicsburg tomorrow at a bluegrass & bbq event. Any places to play pinball while I'm in town?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Heh, well not really. It's just the nudge isn't as powerful as PC version, and its harder to execute. I'd imagine that if you used a controller with the android it would make it easier.

Well... if anyone knows how to hook a wireless X360 controller to an Android tablet....

offtopic:I'll be performing in Mechanicsburg tomorrow at a bluegrass & bbq event. Any places to play pinball while I'm in town?

Welcome to the neighborhood :) I'm driving to Chicago tomorrow....

Not many pins that I know of. I don't really get the chance to go out and about to look for them.

There's the Digiplex Cinema Center in Camp Hill on Simpson Ferry, which has an AC/DC and an Avengers. AC/DC was broken last time I was there, but it played okay the time before. Avengers just drove me nuts and was wasted money.

Maybe try the Coliseum entertainment center (basically a Dave & Busters) at the corner of Trindle and St Johns Church. I've never been in there but they have an arcade, I think they may even have a Wizard Of Oz.

On City Island, which is in the middle of the Market Street bridge going over the Susquehanna, there's an arcade with a TAF and a STTNG, but both need cleaning and new flipper rubbers, plus the TAF has an obvious left-right lean that you can tell just by looking at the back boxes of the two tables. City Island will be quiet this weekend since the Harrisburg Senators are on the road, so the parking lot won't be full from the baseball crowd.

Not been in any of the local bowling alleys since I don't bowl and kids round here don't have bowling parties much, or at least the kids my daughter goes to school with.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
They have the MOGA controller for android which is supposed to be really easy to use. Never tried it myself.

Thanks, i'm gonna try to stop at the entertainment center, fun for all! Safe travels.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts