• South Park

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Lord of the Rings

Votes: 47 36.4%
  • Family Guy

Votes: 13 10.1%
  • Star Wars (Data East)

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Star Trek 25th Anniversary (Data East)

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Doctor Who

Votes: 17 13.2%
  • KISS

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Super Mario Bros

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Jurassic Park

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Sopranos

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
They did hint that it might not need a ks by saying an Elvis impersonator is used in the audio. But we don't know for sure. I'd assume it would still be pretty pricey.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
They did hint that it might not need a ks by saying an Elvis impersonator is used in the audio. But we don't know for sure. I'd assume it would still be pretty pricey.

That's what i heard and was the reason I didn't put it on the list. I've actually played this a bunch of times, my local theatre had it for years. it's a fun table.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Elvis is a really fun playfield and game. I was pleasantly surprised as Elvis doesn't exactly inspire thoughts of pinball whether you like him and/or his music or not.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
98377.jpg

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
I picked tables I thought could support their own Kickstarter. I know Farsight has been negative on KISS and Dr. Who. But the poll is picking tables we'd want that i thought have a big enough fanbase.

Personally i'm with you, I could care less about Mario. i just figured it has enough of a following to include. I actually think Doctor Who would be doable if Farsight could get aligned with all the Doctor Who fans out there. the show has a rabid following and it's popularity is sky high right now. i think there's enough support for the table. it actually might introduce more people to the pinball arcade that aren't fans of it now. As far as KISS goes... If you're a KISS fan, it's a pretty historic and awesome nostalgia table, which i thought was what the Pinball Arcade was supposed to be about. For instance, I hate the Black Knight. That doesn't mean I don't respect that people love that table and think it's brilliant. To each his own.
. :cool:
Black Knight is a great table, I hated it at first but trying to beat the standard goals made me realize if I set the camera at high angle, always depress both flippers right after launching to catch the ball immediately and play to keep the balls in the top level that it is a great table. It is really fast and has lots of multiball if you play it right. Playing it like most tables primarily focusing on the bottom flippers, I hated it but now it is one of my favorites.

Last edited:

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Black Knight is a great table, I hated it at first but trying to beat the standard goals made me realize if I set the camera at high angle, always depress both flippers right after launching to catch the ball immediately and play to keep the balls in the top level that it is a great table. It is really fast and has lots of multiball if you play it right. Playing it like most tables primarily focusing on the bottom flippers, I hated it but now it is one of my favorites.

I'll try it. Thanks!

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Indiana Jones is my favourite table and has my vote. There are a few more good tables on that list that I'd be happy to support though!

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I wonder how expensive the licenses would be for TSPP and LOTR respectively compared to TAF

Yeah. It makes me wonder how Stern was able to afford LOTR in the first place....

I actually don't think Simpsons would be that bad, though probably still in the 100k TAF realm. We'd only need voices not actor likeness licenses.

Last edited:

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014

Thanks for the tip on the high camera angle. The table is much more fun now! How much are you nudging to keep the ball at the top level and how much are you just hitting it back up when it goes down the ramp? Do you bother nudging?

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
So after a Week and 71 Voters the Top Three are no surprise.

#1 Simpsons Pinball Party with 33 votes
#2 Lord of the Rings with 24 votes
#3 Indiana Jones with 17 votes

Hopefully Simpsons gets the next Kickstarter. LOTR is gonna be interesting as almost every actors likeness in the trilogy is featured on the table. I still hold up hope that Disney will let Farsight do Indiana Jones.

Doctor Who commands 4th with 10 votes followed right behind by Family Guy with 9 votes.

Everything else is basically at the bottom.

To me the biggest surprise was Jurrassic Park with only 4 votes. But maybe that's just me since i grew up with the table around everywhere locally.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.