Ghostbusters pinball feedback

Ghostbusters highlights the humor of the original Ghostbusters film released in 1984. It was designed by John Trudeau to be easy to play but difficult to master

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I just checked the iOS store and found out that it is out now. So what do ya all think of it?

Iguana

Jul 28, 2013
Looks great... Managed 545k on my first play. Haunted house has always been a yawner for me, and I predict the visual appeal of GB will soon wear off. Still, pleased FS threw us bone as we wait for the next season 4 offering (thanks, gang!).

Iguana

Jul 28, 2013
Agreed. Like the multiball and the lack of the drain gap between the two right flippers.

Hope FS doesn't convert to the token system with the TPA tables, though. Rather just buy tables and play at my leisure than pay for tokens.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
well fs should note some potential crashes with the token system and the leaderboards (perhaps both need to just "shake out" today as launch proceeds). it took three or four attempts to finally reach the token system; otherwise it crashed out to the iOS home screen - same thing so far with the leaderboard button; crashed out to home screen. though i've not reached the actual leaderboard screen yet, the gb home screen summary did already show i had a posting at #51! :) this seems similar to the occasional crash i get in tpa, randomly when exiting some tables...

also (as i've sometimes seen when launching tpa), i had one launch that gives me a blank black screen - "game center" welcomes me back, and i hear the background music playing. but only see a blank screen - requires a clean relaunch to clear that up. i know i'm playing on "about to be left behind" hardware, but if it -can- play on a device, it should be as error-free as possible, or fail more gracefully - a) can frustrate potential gamers away from trying to fight it to launch/work, and b) if apple is noticing the details, maybe fixing those flaws would get the apps posted to the store's front page!

as for the game itself, i think it's great!! :) and yeah, a lot more fun to play than the haunted house; great that they didn't use the table exactly as it was as hh! it's still a "quarter-eater" though. and speaking of which, i see no "purchase table" option - too bad! i wonder now that maybe that is a contractual condition with sony. it just doesn't seem to me that fs would just not include that because they felt like doing it that way. obviously there should be both options, but maybe that's something to do with the license agreement.

i've gotten too used to playing all the supercool modern types of tables, and had to adjust my expectations for it - appropriate since it's based on an 82 table. and that kind of makes it like the gb pin that should have been out and around when the first movie released! it would be nice if there were some more "mode-iness" to the play and scoring; doesn't seem like much save for the bumpers and upper/lower levels - but again that better fits the tech and time of the original table. i hope though that doesn't work against its potential base it could reach - it may just feel a little too "old fashioned" for a lot of newbs/semi-newbs to fs' stuff.

otherwise, i gotta go try to play it some more; see if i can do any better at it! :) makes my day; something new and exciting to play with! great job, fs!! :)

p.s. slimer maybe looks a little too tall; would he be sticking out through the glass? just something funny i noticed! look that way to anyone else?

Last edited:

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
it may be better than haunted house. but it's still haunted house and there's not a lot to do. three games in and i had my fill. good soundtrack though. using the montage music from the first ghostbusters for multiball was a nice touch. Took me a while to realize the train basement was from ghostbusters 2.

good use of the license. by far the best part of the table. hopefully if this proves successful Farsight will pick a more fun table to convert. Would love to see them tackle the fifth element, karate kid or the proffessional.

Last edited:

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Agree the table has a limited rule set. Once I've defeated "puff" I'll probably get bored of the table. It's fun for now though.

Be interested whether the new payment model they are trialling will be a success or not. I don't mind them using this new model for these new one off bespoke tables, but I'd not like to see it for general TPA table purchases (not sure it would work with the original licenses).

time will tell.....

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
I hate HH but love GB! Odd.........Mutliball makes this a hit for me.
I will wait for credits to build up I'am not paying for tokens just saying.....

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
How many tokens are needed per game? And how much are tokens?

1 token per game.
You start with 10 free tokens and gain 1 token every 4 hours; 2 tokens if you have TPA installed on the same device.
$0.99 for 10 tokens.
$1.99 for unlimited play for 24 hours.

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
My impressions, um I thought I heard an f-bomb but it was just "SUCKED down into the tenth circle of hell. Glad they filled that darn hole between the right 2 flippers. Doesn't stop me from nudging out of habit though. I think this was overall a win for FS. I mean how do you go wrong when it comes to Ghostbusters.... Oh and don't say 'the sequel', cause I don't think that's a bad flick lol.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Anyone know how high the tokens stack? I usually rotate through tables so probably only play a table once a week so if the 2 tokens a day stack up that should be plenty unless there is a cut off at 10 or so.

And do you have to log in each day to collect the free tokens?

karl

May 10, 2012
Smart move to make it a little easier than HH. The physics seem easier also. (a little less bouncy) Not bad for something they made in a hurry. Bought 10 extra tokens to support them.

Not a table I will play often but all in all much better than first expected

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
Pretty good. If I have one criticism it's that some of the dialogue sound clip get a little repetitive. But over all I like it.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Easier than HH, but also fixed the basement left flipper "hole" at the end of the flipper. Now why can't they do that to the HH table? Fun, but eh? Like the soundtrack.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Is the sound out of synch? The clip comes before the flipper moves. Is it me or is the repetitiveness of the audio really annoying? I am a fan of the art and audio of HH so it doesn't seem worth the bother to get this version just for multiball and no 3 to 4 flipper gap. The 3 levels doesn't make it that conducive for multiball anyway so it never bothered me that HH didn't have it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.