Party Zone first impressions

oqvist

Nov 23, 2013
Another Nordman table and it show in the tasteless graphical design :p

The music and sound on this is crazy maybe should play it mute. Changing songs don´t help much lol
The outlanes is 100 % drain so far. Litterary 100 %. There is like a magnet not a single ball has not entered the outlane for me so far. Never seen anything like it.
Just the sound of it will prevent it from being a favourite but think I may have more fun with this then Phantom of the Opera.

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
Yeah, lots of drains, on the sides especially! The game plays pretty fast! I do like the flow of the physics on this table though, like when I go on the left ramp I can shoot the Cosmic Cottage and then the left ramp and then the cottage......

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Fun table. Looks fantastic. Plays very fast, which I like. The look is brash and obnoxious in a fun early 90s way. I like it better than the real one so far. Nice to have a table that's not as punishing, given the last half year of TPA output. A million times better than Dr. dude. Worth it for pinball wizard alone. :cool:

In camera mode 3 I noticed the table decals by the rule card are fuzzy. Also the plunger notches to line up the skill shot.

Last edited:

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
I agree with you Indy I like this table way better than Dr. Dude! I like the easy ramp shots and got one multi-ball so far. Can anyone give me a tip for the skill shot?

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
I pulled the plunger at about the half way point and hit a million points up top. My best game was 70,659,200 and it put me in 100th place on the leaderboard.

oqvist

Nov 23, 2013
Hmm you can drain after making the wow shot!

There is absolutely a magic hand helping you drain on the outlanes on this one.

And the way out of control targets it´s like asking to drain trying to hit those lol. I completed all other goals but the extra special will be hard. Not sure what is the safest way to go about it :)

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Well, why do you think they are called way out of control targets? Why do you think their rewards are so tempting? :)

And, well, haven't grabbed it yet, but i strongly suspect the magic hand is because of the easy to hit shots. Comic shot is pretty darn easy in real life, and you often brush against the ha ha targets. the cottage is tougher, and the ramp is pretty doable in real life. if the ramp and cottage are easy shots, the table really needs that magic hand to be any challenge whatsoever. I expect I'll still score well.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Well, why do you think they are called way out of control targets? Why do you think their rewards are so tempting? :)

And, well, haven't grabbed it yet, but i strongly suspect the magic hand is because of the easy to hit shots. Comic shot is pretty darn easy in real life, and you often brush against the ha ha targets. the cottage is tougher, and the ramp is pretty doable in real life. if the ramp and cottage are easy shots, the table really needs that magic hand to be any challenge whatsoever. I expect I'll still score well.

This makes sense. Especially with how easy it is to get extra balls and advance the skill shot value. It's a lot of fun.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
Ugh. As ugly and unfun as Dr. Dude. New contender for worst table.

Also unrealistically fast, like haunted house. That kind of basic physics problem should be high on their priority list to fix. I wonder if the problem was maxed by the frame rate / stuttering problems they used to have.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
another great table !!!pm1109 are you sure your Aussie,always complaining,go with the flow mate !!! :p

Members online

Members online