Add on Packs 1, 2 and 3 lost

TPATexas

May 5, 2015
Thanks Baron, but no joy.

Went to Settings -> Account -> Download History and found the three table packs previously purchased. Downloaded all three again and back in TPA did not see anything other than the original four tables. Went back to downloads and tried to download the "Update for Launch Tables" which did nothing. When I viewed my history via a browser and added each add-on to the download queue the files were downloaded but again nothing happened.

I will likely end up buying the season packs so this will be a moot point (other than a matter of principle), but am frustrated that the originally purchased content does not seem to have migrated to the new app correctly, and even more so that some kind of nod wasn't made to the Xbox 360 users -- maybe a week of half off-pricing, or a $10 or $15 discount to previous purchasers of the original three add-ons.

TPATexas

May 5, 2015
Update. I uninstalled TPA, then went to System -> Storage and removed all saved files related to TPA. I kicked off a fresh download of the app and the three original add-on packs. After everything downloaded I started TPA I and saw the splash screen (which was not seen the first time I ran it after the update), and two new tables appeared (Gorgar and Monster Bash). The other four tables were not visible. I went back to System -> Storage and removed the files for the invisible two packs (four tables) and downloaded one of the packs. When TPA restarted I did not see the two tables. I downloaded the last add-on and when TPA ran the last two tables were not visible.

I am very frustrated with this problem, and given what has been said by others in the "360 new release bugs" thread, I am unlikely to buy any upgrades until some of these issues are resolved.

TPATexas

May 5, 2015
Another update.

After deleting the "Pinball Arcade Title Update" and starting TPA to get the update again I was able to see all 10 tables. Yeah! However, when I restarted TPA I lost the four tables mentioned previously. Now I only see the base four plus Gorgar and Monster Bash. Based off of information in another thread I made sure I exited TPA from the in-game menu.

Mike Lindsey

FarSight Employee
Jul 23, 2013
Might be happening because Microsoft pulled the store listings a while back. We've asked them to republish. Hopefully that fixes the issue. No ETA yet, but it could take a few days.

TPATexas

May 5, 2015
Thank you, Mike! With some reservations I ended up buying Season One. After the install I could see all tables. After starting TPA again I could only see the original tables. Here we go again. I deleted the files for the three original add-ons, and the TPA update file, and restarted. The auto-update downloaded and I could again see all of the Season One tables. On subsequent starts I can still see all tables so it appears like everything is now working.

Wish this would have been a bit more seamless, but do love the new tables (currently on a kick with Big Shot and Attack from Mars).

Thanks again to all those from Farsight for being active on the forums! Great to have TPA back on Xbox 360!

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I'm still seeing a version of this bug.

Specifically, all of my add-on tables disappear on restart of the application (including the new ones I bought after the update, like Twilight Zone and Addams Family). I can make them reappear by going into "Buy Tables", selecting any single pack that I already own, and selecting a re-download. The pack doesn't really download because I've already got it, but it makes all the packs reappear in the table listing.

I tried deleting Add-On Packs 1, 2, and 3 (and the 2012 title update) and re-downloading for real, but this didn't fix it. I still have to do this little ritual in order to see all my tables.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
This is really weird that some folks are still having problems with the game. I have an older 360 w/40 gig HD (not the original), and I use a memory card for game saves.

Just curious, you folks having these problem - what kind of xbox 360, or how old is it?

ckisgen

Apr 20, 2014
(I have not bought the Season 1 pack on 360 (and don't plan to); don't know if that makes a difference.)

It doesn't. I bought Seasons 1 & 2 on the 360 - as well as Adams Family and Phantom of the Opera and the only Season 2 shows up for me after a "cold" start.

All of mine show up as well after re-downloading any of the individual tables I bought through the in game menu. I can't even attempt to re-download any season packs as that menu is grayed out.

I've deleted everything, reinstalled a variety of ways...both deleting profile and not deleting it...downloading the old season 1 add on packs and not...etc. Nothing seems to work.

A FAIRLY small annoyance compared with actually having new tables to play again now but after the years long wait - this seems to irritate me more than it might otherwise. Throw in the actual cost of the game relative to most other games I own and then I really start wondering why I have to deal with this.

Vent over.

TPATexas

May 5, 2015
Hey Matt, this seems to be the same issue I had. From what Mike said, this should be fixed now that MS has reinstated the downloads of the first three add-ons. If you are still not seeing the tables try and go to your harddrive on the Xbox, select the update file (~62M) and delete it. Then restart TPA. The update download will kick off again. This is what I did to get all of the table to reliably be seen. Good luck!

Psiklops

May 19, 2015
I have the same problem as Matt describes. After exiting PA and restarting, the tables from packs 1-3 are gone. I deleted everything on Tuesday and downloaded anew but the problem persists.

ckisgen

Apr 20, 2014
This is really weird that some folks are still having problems with the game. I have an older 360 w/40 gig HD (not the original), and I use a memory card for game saves.

Just curious, you folks having these problem - what kind of xbox 360, or how old is it?

Mine is an older 360 "arcade" model. Migrated the same HD from my prior 2 RROD 360s. Can't remember exactly how many GBs off the top of my head. Somewhere around the 20-40GB I think.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Just curious, if you boot and let it sit on the press start screen for say 30 seconds or so, does it work then? Wondering if it's a timing issue of soem sort.

Also, how many separate DLC packs do you have?

SuperKaladrax

Feb 24, 2014
Just curious, if you boot and let it sit on the press start screen for say 30 seconds or so, does it work then? Wondering if it's a timing issue of soem sort.

Also, how many separate DLC packs do you have?

Tested this, no dice. I have seasons 1, 2, and 3. No individual tables. Seasons 2 and 3 disappear each time I start the game. I tried the fix that deletes the update to force the game to update again, and it behaves the same as when I redownload seasons 2 and 3 in-game, I.e. I get them for that instance of the game running, and they disappear on exit and I have to redownload them on the next start.

My Xbox 360 is the E model, 500 gb. It was actually leftover stock from the Call of Duty holiday promo, and I got this system in the week between when the rerelease of TPA hit xbox live and the patch to run the new tables came in. During the first day trying to get TPA to work, prior to getting my new E model, I deleted my old save trying to see if it was causing problems. This was before it was announced that the update hadn't hit. So when I got the E I didn't transfer any data from the old console, I just transferred my license to my account on the new E and did a fresh install from the marketplace. So, at least in my case, legacy data can be eliminated as part of the problem since nothing was retained from old TPA except for that bound to my Live account (purchase history, etc).

That's all the info I have, if any of it is helpful. I should also add that while I can redownload seasons from in-game, I cannot purchase new content from in the game. Thus the additional single table packs are greyed out of the menu and inaccessible. The seasons were purchased from the xbox live marketplace screen, not from in the game. I bought them prior to the patch getting into the wild. Presumably, if I bought the single table packs the same way, I would then be able to either see them in my game list, or to redownload them from in-game like the season packs and then be able to see them in my table list. I haven't tried this yet because I don't want to turn my presently 2 redownloads each time I start the game into more redownloads. However, if you think this may yield useful information I am willing to test it out and grab one of the single tables.

Last edited:

pedersonsx

Apr 17, 2015
I have a similar problem. Had the core pack & all 3 add-on packs before the major update recently. Updated, deleted, tried the "delete update" fix, still no dice. Difference for me, core pack and add-on 1 are always visible and playable. If I download pack 2 & 3 from within game, I can see all tables again, and play them. If I download 2 & 3 from store, tables are never recognized. I made sure to play each table, get at least 1 goal and get on the "High Score" board. After redownloading tables, scores & goals are recognized. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

SuperKaladrax

Feb 24, 2014
Logged in only. (Note, I double checked this and made sure I was totally disconnected from the internet, and when fully disconnected all tables show up)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.