Why no love for this table ???

Voof

Sep 22, 2015
It's a great table to play, lots of options, lots of fun. To score? Video game all day long... You can argue some other tables are similar when it gets down to score only, but if you are just playing the table to play I like kt

invitro

May 4, 2012
I don't think I totally hate it any more, but I do hate that it requires mastery of the !@&#^@&^# video mode to score. If I ever do master the VM then I might even like HD3e a tiny bit. I spent way too much time on it when it was in the tourney.

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
I really don't find it any more ignorant than other vid modes, it's a quick & easy million points, & I don't get it coming up all that often, not enough to memorize the pattern, yet. Just IMO. :)

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I have had also more fun with this table than the ratings would led you believe is possible. I like the fact that EB's are limited which prevents endless games. When you play it very often though and get farther in scoring, it's too dependent on video mode because that nets you 35M each time you complete it perfectly, and 35M is way more than I usually average on a MB. Throw in the fact that you always can activate video mode with 4 shots to the targets, and you just can't explore other strategies to score big. I also don't like the fact that completing Milwaukee MB is near impossible. And even then, that doesn't really reward you big time.
[MENTION=5607]ZREXMike[/MENTION] : just check out this thread http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/8666-Harley-Davidson-Tips-and-Strategies see post #9. I play it nearly the same way, only at pedestrian #12 I go way down I believe.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
For me it's the nonstop video mode and that awful "there's goes that mystery rider" callout. Get rid of those two things and I'd play it a bunch more often.
This table is in the current tournament. I tripled my best score and am up in the 300 million range. And the game lasted so long (for me) I was getting really annoyed with "I just can't seem to catch him" line. The audio voices in this game are awful and I think it kills what probably would be an otherwise good game. Much like Stern's High Roller table. The voice acting is dreadfully terrible.

Imagine Attack from Mars with such voice acting. It'd kill the table. Seems trite, but it is true.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
This table is in the current tournament. I tripled my best score and am up in the 300 million range. And the game lasted so long (for me) I was getting really annoyed with "I just can't seem to catch him" line. The audio voices in this game are awful and I think it kills what probably would be an otherwise good game. Much like Stern's High Roller table. The voice acting is dreadfully terrible.

Imagine Attack from Mars with such voice acting. It'd kill the table. Seems trite, but it is true.

I found a solution for myself that makes this tolerable with HD and other tables that annoy me the same. I have my headphones plugged in, but I don't wear them. I can barely hear table sounds, mostly the mechanicals, but don't hear any of the callouts. Lame solution, but it works for me.

On top of everything everyone else has said about this table, which I entirely agree about, I loathe the match animation. It takes forever and fails at being sexy like it wants. It just feels like the final insult for having suffered through a game.

Members online

Members online