35 Movies That Deserve More Praise (Complete List)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I appreciate everyone that took the time to read my nonsense and participate in the discussion. For those seeing this only for the first time, where ya been? As stated in my first post, this is a list of movies that I'd recommend to somebody not looking for the obvious choices. These are not "I can't believe you haven't seen that!" types, but the ones I'd recommend after having seen those.

Anyway, enjoy. If you'd like to see more of this type of thing, drop me a note. If you'd like to instead listen to this kind of thing, lemme know and I'll work more of this into our BlahCade podcast.

Clerks
Better Off Dead
Strange Brew
Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World
Undercover Brother

Ocean's 11
Snatch
The Spanish Prisoner
The Thomas Crown Affair

Hard Boiled
La Femme Nikita
The Raid
Run Lola Run
Wing Chun
The City of Lost Children

Dark City
Gattaca
The Fifth Element
Blade Runner
12 Monkeys

The Departed
Desperado
Heat
True Romance
The Road Warrior
Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

The Abyss
The Descent
The Game
Heathers

Sucker Punch
Strictly Ballroom
Brazil
Fearless
Lost Highway

Have you missed a previous post? Here they are!
Pt.1 - Comedies
Pt.2 - Heists and Cons
Pt.3 - Foreign
Pt.4 - Sci Fi
Pt.5 - Manly Flicks
Pt.6 - No Spoilers
Pt.7 - WTF?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
dude a movie segments cool but its cant hold kts own eight when just two people geek out! depending on movie or genre

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
I really enjoy The Arcade Outsiders podcast and although it primarily deals with video games and pinball I love when they talk about other topics such as: movies, beer, liquor, podcasts, 80's pop culture and when the host John plays music on his guitar. I like when game or pinball podcasts cover a little bit of everything on the show. Like on the last Blahcade podcast I enjoyed the 3-D film discussion pro and cons it was a good change of pace and fit in.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
It's a solid list. The only movie I would add to either of the last 2 parts is Memento.

You get it! If someone was going to pick one Nolen film, they're gonna say The Dark Knight or even Inception. Memento though is such a great min bender, but overlooked for being an indie flick. I however like best a Nolen film EVERYONE forgets about, The Prestige. Brilliant movie that unfortunately got lumped with the similar and not nearly as good movie, The Illusionist. All the same, that's my fave by him.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Memento has been my favorite movie since it came out.
I was actually waiting for SYT to talk about it. :)

I never liked Batman movies before Nolan took care of the franchise.
The last three movies are really dark / sinister and mature. Enjoyable for adults.

Last edited:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
You get it! If someone was going to pick one Nolen film, they're gonna say The Dark Knight or even Inception. Memento though is such a great min bender, but overlooked for being an indie flick. I however like best a Nolen film EVERYONE forgets about, The Prestige. Brilliant movie that unfortunately got lumped with the similar and not nearly as good movie, The Illusionist. All the same, that's my fave by him.

Yes! The Prestige is fantastic! The Matrix, The Descent, and The Prestige were the first Blu-rays I bought after I got my 60gb launch ps3.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Didn't Oceans 11 get enough praise? :)

Hey, I joked about me putting on a movie that had 2 sequels! To answer the question though, do you really hear people bringing that movie up today in conversation? And if they do, are they gushing about it?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Hey, I joked about me putting on a movie that had 2 sequels! To answer the question though, do you really hear people bringing that movie up today in conversation? And if they do, are they gushing about it?

It's on cable almost constantly, so apparently someone's watching it!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts