PC - Request Add Portrait mode

Warped Trekker

Dec 26, 2013
If they are trying to truely save pinball tables for future gamers, we need to be able to use in Portrait mode on TV. Create a video pinball cabinet and lay down a tv in portrait mode with real buttons on side of cabinet. Like PinMAME, etc. Playing pinball in landscape mode with 16:9 is not the same.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
I agree, a virtual pinball cab with tpa would be awesome.
Portrait mode is the way to go with pinball.
I got tpa on android and steam but even if the pc version looks better (and sounds WAY better) i still prefer playing on my tablet because of the portrait mode.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
I agree, a virtual pinball cab with tpa would be awesome.
Portrait mode is the way to go with pinball.
I got tpa on android and steam but even if the pc version looks better (and sounds WAY better) i still prefer playing on my tablet because of the portrait mode.

The portrait mode works fine on PC on everything I've tested so far. Someone said there are some tables where you can't see the outlanes because it cuts them off, but every table I've tried so far has worked fine with it. I have to agree though, it's really amazing and I'd have a hard time going back to landscape trying to figure out what's going on in the top half of the table afterwards.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
If they are trying to truely save pinball tables for future gamers, we need to be able to use in Portrait mode on TV. Create a video pinball cabinet and lay down a tv in portrait mode with real buttons on side of cabinet. Like PinMAME, etc. Playing pinball in landscape mode with 16:9 is not the same.

I played the cab version of TPA in its early iteration back in October at the FarSight booth. This thread makes it sound like this hasn't even been considered. Not sure what your point is.

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
Portrait mode is already there. Rotate your monitor's display to portrait then launch TPA through steam and select the configuration utility. Choose your resolution. Done.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I actually have a monitor set up permanently in portrait orientation, when it's in use, i do all of my computing in portrait orientation and it's actually pretty awesome.

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
I actually have a monitor set up permanently in portrait orientation, when it's in use, i do all of my computing in portrait orientation and it's actually pretty awesome.

I thought it was crazy to use a monitor in portrait at work... until I had to setup the portrait UI for PC. Now I too have a monitor that is always in portrait. :)

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I thought it was crazy to use a monitor in portrait at work... until I had to setup the portrait UI for PC. Now I too have a monitor that is always in portrait. :)

Exactly. It's almost like the Internet was designed for it. So much more info without scrolling. Forums particularly.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts