Android 1.8.0: Feedback & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

netizen

Now while I haven't scored higher than 6.8 B so far I got curious about the various High Score Tables that displayed at the end of the game and during the attract mode of STTNG.

Namely the Officers Club, and Q's Challenge.

I did some reading and I wanted to check with anyone who knows about the ROM version etc that TPA is running, because it seems that it may be unlikely to get on some of the tables?
High Score Tables

There has been much discussion regarding the high score tables. I have collected all info and dumped it here!

There are 4 high score tables:

Grand Champion 0 or 1 Buy-Ins
Honor Roll 0 or 1 Buy-Ins
Officer's Club More than 1 Buy-In
Q Continuum Score of 10 Billion or more (Any Number Of Buy-Ins)

Note: Prototype ROMs only have the Honor Roll for any number of buy-ins

Rules for high score tables [L-x ROMs only]:

If your score beats the Grand Champion score, and you bought in one or fewer times, you get the Grand Champion score and nothing else. When you beat the GC, the old score is bumped onto another high score table as appropriate; if it qualifies for Q's Continuum it goes there, otherwise it goes on the Honor Roll.

If your score is better than the #4 Q's Continuum score (but not the GC), you get on that. Buy-ins don't matter.

If none of the above, your score is checked against the Honor Roll OR Officer's Club lists, depending on the number of buy-ins. One or fewer goes on the Honor Roll, more than one goes on the Officer's Club. Only if your score is high enough to make the lists, of course.

A major bug with the high score table: it seems that the Q's Continuum list is the only one capable of handling scores over 1OB. For example, a local STTNG has a Grand Champ score of 18 billion. During the game, at the ball 3 display, it reads "Highest Score 18,...." but on the actual table it reads "Grand Champion 8,...." Lord knows why.

Also, scores that don't make the Q's Continuum list, but which are still higher than 1OB, seem to be ignored entirely, or are compared with the other lists with the leading digit removed.
Source

With this particular table having so many varied local HOTD's that have some dependency on Buy-Ins will there ever be a way for Buy-Ins to be functional on Pro Tables when the operators mode is enabled?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts