Any chance of recreating newer Stern Pinball Tables?

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
TRANSFORMERS is fun! Plus its 2 games in 1 choose sides different goals targets and its TRANSFORMERS the movie yeah yeah but I still love'm bought my cousin a bumblebee $100 I couldn't figure it out it was so complicated it came with a book,but it moved and talked lit up!

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
Family Guy is probably the most interesting Stern table design and best overall gameplay (at least, of the ones I've played). Simpsons was actually very good too.

The licensing issue seems like a pretty huge roadblock on both of those, though. Twilight Zone and Star Trek aren't even airing anymore, and they were still relatively expensive to get, but Family Guy and Simpsons are both still active. Not getting my hopes up for either of those.

Animator_pin_fan

Mar 4, 2012
I used to think that I wasn't a big fan of newer Stern tables until recently. That is until I played Tron LE, which is a really amazing table, even though the movie was a real stinker. The music & FX are absolutely outstanding which really makes the theme more appealing, and the layout, even if it is a recycle/improved version of Spider Man, is absolutely fantastic. I played it every chance I could when it was at Flynn's Arcade in Disneyland. Now that it's gone, I really miss playing it there. I'd love to get my hands on one of these used, but the LE's really seem to be holding their value too well (especially with mods). And then most recently at CAX I tried both the new Xmen and Transformers tables, and despite the fact that Xmen is far more appealing as a theme, and that I absolutely HATE the Transformer movies, I thought Transformers was a far better table. I really loved the fact that you can alter your game-play and theme lighting by selecting to play as either Autobots or Decepticons. With that said, both of these tables are really solid games, and would make excellent additions to TPA. Again, not that I think there is any likelihood due to licensing, but just saying that if you find either of these out there in the wild, they're both definitely worth your quarters/dollars.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
Family Guy is probably the most interesting Stern table design and best overall gameplay (at least, of the ones I've played).

i guess that makes shrek the most interesting stern table also? (being that shrek and family guy are the same table with the same rules, but different theme)

Groni

Jul 19, 2012
Fact is, that Gary Stern didn´t allow any emulation on newer Tables (SAM System) as long it´s their actual system. They plan to change their system to a new one 2013. Anyway there would be a big problem with licenseing on every table. I am a very big Stern Fan, and I builded many Stern tables for VP. But my favorite table of all time LOTR for example would never see TPA without a HUGE Kickstarter. Maybe one day when Farsight owns enough money with TPA to pay licenses out of one pocket.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.