Arcooda questions

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I forgot ,why do I want touch screen when I want a VP pinball table to play like a pinball table . touch screen is just a gimmick , and why would I want to plug in my PC , PS4 PRO and my XBOX1X into a table when I`ve got a 55 inch 4k hdr tv ? :cool:

Zygon78

May 15, 2018
One thing I hope with having the touch screen is that it will let you do, via pro-mode is to play around easier (like the phone/tablet versions) like you would if you took the glass off. A lot of us are not pinball wizards, so sometimes, it's fun to dink around and see what achieving some goals might look like. Depending on the pricing, for its gun and two player arcade joystick swaps, Arcooda could be the secret MAME cabinet I never knew I needed. Mostly, it just sucks that I'm being pressed to make a $500 investment on something I will not get the chance to see non-sponsored reviews about, because timing would have it that the pinball license portion got screwed over.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
One thing I hope with having the touch screen is that it will let you do, via pro-mode is to play around easier (like the phone/tablet versions) like you would if you took the glass off. A lot of us are not pinball wizards, so sometimes, it's fun to dink around and see what achieving some goals might look like. Depending on the pricing, for its gun and two player arcade joystick swaps, Arcooda could be the secret MAME cabinet I never knew I needed. Mostly, it just sucks that I'm being pressed to make a $500 investment on something I will not get the chance to see non-sponsored reviews about, because timing would have it that the pinball license portion got screwed over.
Yep, it's a big ask for sure. Both Chris and I know that Arcooda hate to have to put their customers through this decision.

Maybe I need to head down to Newcastle and drop in on Steve and the crew. Get all hands on with the product.

There seem to be plenty of Kinect bars on sale here in Australia on eBay as well. About $40 Aussie.

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
I forgot ,why do I want touch screen when I want a VP pinball table to play like a pinball table . touch screen is just a gimmick , and why would I want to plug in my PC , PS4 PRO and my XBOX1X into a table when I`ve got a 55 inch 4k hdr tv ? :cool:

You want touch screen to get through all the garbage pinball arcade menus. Touch screen is 1000x better than having a mouse hang off of your machine. Did you watch the video. It looks great.

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
Rooter , I don`t want my grubby fingerprints all over my screen !!!:cool:

I'm with you. Wasn't it possible before to navigate all the PA menus with the flipper, shake, and launch buttons? Maybe I am mis-remembering and it was Visual Pinball and Hyperpin.

Members online

Members online