Ball rolling sound?

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
TPA has ball rolling sounds. It's just that on many tables, all the other sounds drown it out.

Load up Big Shot, crank up the volume, and soft plunge gently. You'll hear metal ball rolling on wooden surface.

MarkItZeroSmoky

May 26, 2013
Yeah i was going to echo TomL's post...i have my ps3 runnin through my home theatre stereo...crank that volume up, there's ball rolling sound on every table. Its harder to hear with some of the new tables with all the other sounds going on but its there. Real noticable on the older tables like Big Shot etc.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Alrighty then it is hard to hear through a standard TV though....yeah in the EMs they are much eaiser to hear than modern 90s pins.

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
TPA needs to support 5.1 Audio with an entire arcade atmosphere... imagine hearing a random jackpot from something else in TPA about 10 feet to your right while you are playing whatever table.

Jim

Mar 23, 2013
It's actually the same with ProPinball, if you turn the music off you can hear the ball rolling. With the music on it is much harder. But anything that adds to the realism and ambiance is welcome in my opinion.

5.1 surround would be nice, simply because I wouldn't have to raise my volume between TPA and my other games. Not all of these Pinball machines were mono sound anyway were they?

--Jim

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
TPA needs to support 5.1 Audio with an entire arcade atmosphere... imagine hearing a random jackpot from something else in TPA about 10 feet to your right while you are playing whatever table.
I don't know about that. I like to hear only the table I'm playing in all it's sonic glory as if it was set up in my living room...not all sorts of other games going on in the background. I believe Pinball Hall of Fame for the PSP (at least) had this ambient arcade sound which I never cared for.

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
It's actually the same with ProPinball, if you turn the music off you can hear the ball rolling. With the music on it is much harder. But anything that adds to the realism and ambiance is welcome in my opinion.

5.1 surround would be nice, simply because I wouldn't have to raise my volume between TPA and my other games. Not all of these Pinball machines were mono sound anyway were they?

--Jim

Almost all of them were mono. Even the ones that had two speakers were just dual mono. But those of us that want 7.1 surround want it for the ambient arcade sounds. I'd also like to be able to play my own music from the xmb in that mix.

Jim

Mar 23, 2013
Almost all of them were mono. Even the ones that had two speakers were just dual mono. But those of us that want 7.1 surround want it for the ambient arcade sounds. I'd also like to be able to play my own music from the xmb in that mix.

Hmm that's actually surprising about the mono sounds.

I don't know about ambient arcade sounds. It might be neat, it might be distracting from the game if it's too crazy. That's one thing I never liked about arcades; sometimes I couldn't hear my own game because of the noise around me. I wouldn't really want that to be replicated at home.

One thing is for certain though, with just mono sound TPA is noticeably lower volume than all of my other games. When playing TPA I have to bump my receiver up almost 10 points of volume, and when I switch to another game sometimes I forget to bring it back down, which leads to a nasty surprise.

For those of you who have the Lemmings game -- you know what I mean. ;)

--Jim

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Hmm that's actually surprising about the mono sounds.

I don't know about ambient arcade sounds. It might be neat, it might be distracting from the game if it's too crazy. That's one thing I never liked about arcades; sometimes I couldn't hear my own game because of the noise around me. I wouldn't really want that to be replicated at home.

One thing is for certain though, with just mono sound TPA is noticeably lower volume than all of my other games. When playing TPA I have to bump my receiver up almost 10 points of volume, and when I switch to another game sometimes I forget to bring it back down, which leads to a nasty surprise.

For those of you who have the Lemmings game -- you know what I mean. ;)

--Jim

Ideally you'd have audio sliders to control the various sound levels like most games have.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts