Best controller for iOS?

lazmama

Feb 21, 2012
My favorite platform for the longest time was Xbox 360...but that lost support for years, and I got by playing on my iPhone. I was tempted to return to 360, but I think it might be more cost effective to buy a controller for my iPad mini.

What do you all recommend?

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Gotta agree with Gus here. After buying 2 different type controllers from iCade, and even successfully modifying one to have buttons on the sides, I still just use the touch screen.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I agree with Gus and Fungi as well. I've never even tried a controller with my iPads and TPA since the best controller in my opinion is your own hands. You always have them with you, you don't have to pay for them or charge them and you can't forget them (unless they're detachable for some reason). :D

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I like thumbs too. If you do want a controller I think the new Horipad is quite good. They've been making console controllers for decades; the buttons and d-pad are as good as anything else I've used and the price isn't too bad.

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014
I've been using the iCade Mobile and I'm liking it pretty well.
Menu nav is a little off because its not technically supported.
But its nice to have a d-pad for nudge and the tactile response of the shoulder buttons.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I have an icade core I modded with buttons on the side (actual pinball cabinet buttons) I have buttons for flipper and nudging. Absolutely love it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts