BlahCade 88: Arcooda Been a Pinball Wizard

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
For anyone curious about backglass stuff...

iihIoIo.jpg

4096x4096 or 2048x2048 in resolution

by looking at Big Shot you can see they made room for UI to sit there and DMD/Alpha numerics might be made to show speakers grills.. not all tables were updated this way. MB doesn't have the grills yet but looks like they may be added in the future or perhaps still testing things.

TZ and MB got another new backglass that can be seen here versus old ones

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Thanks for the before and afters. What you can really see is they removed the baked in lighting effect, allowing the real colors to be present. That way DX11 lighting can be added, giving a truer on/off state to the art. This is the curse put upon all the art for at least the first 3 seasons, and while I'm glad the backglass is getting fixed, the playfields are what really need this attention.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Well it sucks to say but I hope they re-evaluate the load their DX11 lighting values are on older tables, I get slow downs where there didn't use to be and I bet it's all the backglasses fault.

1981 vs 1979, look how modest paragon is compared to black hole while both are set to 50/50 lighting
GShIKl8.jpg

DG6wVbn.jpg

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Well it sucks to say but I hope they re-evaluate the load their DX11 lighting values are on older tables, I get slow downs where there didn't use to be and I bet it's all the backglasses fault.

I'd like to offer a correction, while I haven't compared old to new yet.. it's actually my hardware that's in an 'optimal' [low-power] state versus a 'performance' state. A lot of tables don't stress the low-power state enough to cause the slow downs like Black Hole does.

Users can goto their graphics card settings and set it to a performance setting. for the pinball arcade

I can't screen record the issue since the recording software sets it into a performance state, clearing the issue.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online