Bugs list?

slidebite

May 10, 2012
Is there an overall bug thread for the PS3 version? I've been noticing some weird happenings for the past while, not sure if it's due to an update or not.. but these include:

• Balls getting stuck and utilizing the "call attendant" feature, getting a message says "ball is not stuck, restarting" when it is stuck. Only way to get going again is to tilt. Happens on various tables and always has happened to some extent.
  • Instructions missing. For example, I was playing pinbot the other day and I wasn't sure how to advance the planets, so I went to the instructions. While I could scroll through the instruction screens, there was no text.
  • Hard lock-ups. Been noticing it's happened and sometimes repeatable when viewing instructions. Only remedy is a to turn the PS3 off at the switch. PS button is unresponsive
  • Views getting screwed up, typically in multiball. It's like it forgets there is more than 1 ball in play so when it drains, the view changes to ball launch but yet there is still a ball in play. Pretty tough to play Black Night in ball launch view! :)

Note I my PS3 is a slim and my father in laws super-slim (a few months old) has the same issues.

Last edited:

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
There's a specific bugs/issues forum here: http://digitalpinballfans.com/forumdisplay.php/75-Master-Issues-Forum

That being said, it is very unclear how many outstanding issues there are, certainly if you are just interested in the PS3 versions, and while that no-instruction-text for Pin*Bot has been there for the last few updates, I didn't see it in that list.
So perhaps it's a good idea to start a PS3-specific version, and where it is a multi-platform issue refer to the generic ID. Also they should be in 3 classes "Game breaking", "Serious" and "Cosmetic". We then assign 5, 3, and 1 PHOS (pinball hall of shame) points. Then add 3 / 2 / 1 points for every version increase (after the first one) the issue remains.

For instance the pin*bot would be "Serious" (as it's not game-breaking but also isn't just a wrong color somewhere) which would start at 3 points. There's been 3 updates at least, so with the first one free, it should've been fixed in the next one -which it wasn't- +2 points, and also not in the current one +2 points, makes 7 PHoS points. So you can rank the tables by their individual PHoS scores, and also add for all tables for a platform PHoS score (where lower = better).

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
There's a specific bugs/issues forum here: http://digitalpinballfans.com/forumdisplay.php/75-Master-Issues-Forum

That being said, it is very unclear how many outstanding issues there are, certainly if you are just interested in the PS3 versions, and while that no-instruction-text for Pin*Bot has been there for the last few updates, I didn't see it in that list.
So perhaps it's a good idea to start a PS3-specific version, and where it is a multi-platform issue refer to the generic ID. Also they should be in 3 classes "Game breaking", "Serious" and "Cosmetic". We then assign 5, 3, and 1 PHOS (pinball hall of shame) points. Then add 3 / 2 / 1 points for every version increase (after the first one) the issue remains.

For instance the pin*bot would be "Serious" (as it's not game-breaking but also isn't just a wrong color somewhere) which would start at 3 points. There's been 3 updates at least, so with the first one free, it should've been fixed in the next one -which it wasn't- +2 points, and also not in the current one +2 points, makes 7 PHoS points. So you can rank the tables by their individual PHoS scores, and also add for all tables for a platform PHoS score (where lower = better).

"Its got a good beat and you can dance to it!"

WPinball

Apr 6, 2014
I don't know if anybody noticed while playing, but there is also a bug where the music will repeat at unnecessary points when you pause and resume the game. It happens on most pinball games with music.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts