Buying IOS tables before WMS/Bally license expires: my dilemma

Striker

May 26, 2017
I have three tables for IOS on my iPad Air 2 - Addams Family, Eight Ball Deluxe, and Sorcerer. (I own all tables on PC/Steam.)

Fun to play, especially on a flight where I need some good, wifi-less entertainment. But one issue with IOS is that nudging doesn't really seem to work that well. After experimenting, I settled on "shake," but that rarely prevents drains. This has kept me from buying more tables for my iPad.

I've been tempted to buy some more tables since the announcement of the expiration of the WMS/Bally license - Banzai Run, Pinbot, World Cup Soccer, Safecracker, and more. But most of these games require some sort of nudging to keep a decent game going.

If you were me = would you purchase, and then have some faith that Farsight, one day, will actually improve nudging on IOS?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I use touch scheme nudging for iOS. Really hated it at first. Eventually you get used to it. Still not perfect, but more consistent than the shake method. Also too easy to lose sight of the ball when shaking.
My advice. Switch to touch nudge now, and start getting used to it. Then buy the Bally/Williams pins you are interested in before it’s too late.

zdjh22

Sep 28, 2013
From playing FS/Crave tables on PSP and then PS2 and PS3 (what, about a decade ago, jeez I am getting old), I got addicted to using a gaming controller with joystick nudging and of course triggers for the flippers. On iOS I eventually did a jailbreak so I could use one of my PS3 controllers with my iPad. Happily finally good MFi gaming controllers were released (Nimbus and others) so that jailbreaking wasn’t needed any longer.

Joystick nudging is fairly precise, you just have to teach your left thumb what to do.

Striker

May 26, 2017
I use touch scheme nudging for iOS. Really hated it at first. Eventually you get used to it. Still not perfect, but more consistent than the shake method. Also too easy to lose sight of the ball when shaking.
My advice. Switch to touch nudge now, and start getting used to it. Then buy the Bally/Williams pins you are interested in before it’s too late.

Thanks Kolchak. Which touch nudge setting do you use?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Thanks Kolchak. Which touch nudge setting do you use?

I use scheme A with invert nudge on.
Invert nudge currently has a bug. It says it is on, but it is not. So when you start TPA each time you must go into settings and turn it off, then turn it back on. You must do this each time you start TPA. It will then be on until you close the app.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
There's also an issue with the touch schemes...if the option to show the touch scheme (lines) is ON, despite the displayed touch scheme selected and the proper lines being displayed on the screen, scheme A is always being used.

If the option to show the touch scheme is turned OFF, the selected scheme is correct but (of course) the lines are not displayed.

Yet another bug...

I was ready to bite the bullet and finally update to this most current version to buy some Bally/Williams tables before the license expiration but the above bug has once again caused me to revert back to my beloved TPA v5.10.0 (TX Sector table & immediately before the UI change).

[MENTION=568]Kolchak357[/MENTION]: Maybe you can report this to the QA team. I sure would love to buy me some new tables.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I will certainly mention if/when we have any new beta testing. Wasn't aware of this as I always use scheme A.

Luddify

May 8, 2018

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.